Let’s see how to get all rows in a Pandas DataFrame containing given substring with the help of different examples.
Code #1: Check the values PG in column Position
But this result doesn’t seem very helpful, as it returns the bool values with the index. Let’s see if we can do something better.
Code #2: Getting the rows satisfying condition
Code #3: Filter all rows where either Team contains ‘Boston’ or College contains ‘MIT’.
Code #4: Filter rows checking Team name contains ‘Boston and Position must be PG.
Code #5: Filter rows checking Position contains PG and College must contains like UC.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- How to get rows/index names in Pandas dataframe
- Get the number of rows and number of columns in Pandas Dataframe
- Get minimum values in rows or columns with their index position in Pandas-Dataframe
- Count all rows or those that satisfy some condition in Pandas dataframe
- Get the first 3 rows of a given DataFrame
- Shuffle a given Pandas DataFrame rows
- Convert given Pandas series into a dataframe with its index as another column on the dataframe
- Python | Delete rows/columns from DataFrame using Pandas.drop()
- How to randomly select rows from Pandas DataFrame
- Different ways to iterate over rows in Pandas Dataframe
- Selecting rows in pandas DataFrame based on conditions
- How to iterate over rows in Pandas Dataframe
- Sorting rows in pandas DataFrame
- Dealing with Rows and Columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Iterating over rows and columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Ranking Rows of Pandas DataFrame
- Create a list from rows in Pandas dataframe
- Create a list from rows in Pandas DataFrame | Set 2
- How to Drop Rows with NaN Values in Pandas DataFrame?
- Drop rows from Pandas dataframe with missing values or NaN in columns
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.