Unlike C++ and Java, C doesn’t support generics. How to create a linked list in C that can be used for any data type? In C, we can use void pointer and function pointer to implement the same functionality. The great thing about void pointer is it can be used to point to any data type. Also, size of all types of pointers is always is same, so we can always allocate a linked list node. Function pointer is needed process actual content stored at address pointed by void pointer.
Following is a sample C code to demonstrate working of generic linked list.
Created integer linked list is 10 20 30 40 50 Created float linked list is 10.100000 20.200001 30.299999 40.400002 50.500000
This article is contributed by Himanshu Gupta. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Create new linked list from two given linked list with greater element at each node
- XOR Linked List – A Memory Efficient Doubly Linked List | Set 2
- XOR Linked List - A Memory Efficient Doubly Linked List | Set 1
- Difference between Singly linked list and Doubly linked list
- Convert singly linked list into circular linked list
- Merge a linked list into another linked list at alternate positions
- Check if a linked list is Circular Linked List
- Convert Singly Linked List to XOR Linked List
- Construct a Maximum Sum Linked List out of two Sorted Linked Lists having some Common nodes
- Create a linked list from two linked lists by choosing max element at each position
- Construct a Doubly linked linked list from 2D Matrix
- Length of longest palindrome list in a linked list using O(1) extra space
- Partitioning a linked list around a given value and If we don't care about making the elements of the list "stable"
- Rotate the sub-list of a linked list from position M to N to the right by K places
- Generic Implementation of QuickSort Algorithm in C
- Linked List Pair Sum
- Generalized Linked List
- Header Linked List in C
- First non-repeating in a linked list
- Linked List | Set 1 (Introduction)