Word Cloud is a data visualization technique used for representing text data in which the size of each word indicates its frequency or importance. Significant textual data points can be highlighted using a word cloud. Word clouds are widely used for analyzing data from social network websites.
For generating word cloud in Python, modules needed are – matplotlib, pandas and wordcloud. To install these packages, run the following commands :
pip install matplotlib pip install pandas pip install wordcloud
The dataset used for generating word cloud is collected from UCI Machine Learning Repository. It consists of YouTube comments on videos of popular artists.
Dataset Link : https://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/machine-learning-databases/00380/
The above word cloud has been generated using
Youtube04-Eminem.csv file in the dataset. One interesting task might be generating word clouds using other csv files available in the dataset.
Advantages of Word Clouds :
- Analyzing customer and employee feedback.
- Identifying new SEO keywords to target.
Drawbacks of Word Clouds :
- Word Clouds are not perfect for every situation.
- Data should be optimized for context.
- Generating Word Cloud in Python | Set 2
- Generating random Id's in Python
- Generating Random id's using UUID in Python
- Generating random number list in Python
- Generating hash id's using uuid3() and uuid5() in Python
- Reading and Generating QR codes in Python using QRtools
- Second most repeated word in a sequence in Python
- Python | Reverse each word in a sentence
- Python | Word Embedding using Word2Vec
- Find frequency of each word in a string in Python
- Python program for word guessing game
- Python | Program that matches a word containing 'g' followed by one or more e's using regex
- Python program to remove Nth occurrence of the given word
- Find the first repeated word in a string in Python using Dictionary
- Python | Program to implement Jumbled word game
Reference : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_cloud
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.