In python there are different ways to generate id’s. Let’s see how different types of Id’s can be generated using python without using inbuilt Python libraries.
1. Generating Random Integer as Ids’
Code #1 : Print 10 random values of numbers between 1 and 100.
76 72 7 78 77 19 24 23 77 96
Code #2 : Print random numbers between 1 and 100 which are multiple of 5.
60 30 35 100 85 25 100 20 90 85
Generating Random numbers is not unique, Same number can repeat itself. It generates only Integer values.
2. Generating Random String as Ids’
Generating Random string id’s consists of letters and digits. This can be useful in generating passwords as its provide the encryption and decryption technique.
Code #1 : Show how to generate random string id’s.
Code #2 : Using Function call
- Generating Random id's using UUID in Python
- Generating random number list in Python
- Generating Random Integers in Pandas Dataframe
- Generating random strings until a given string is generated
- random.random() function in Python
- Generating Word Cloud in Python
- Generating Word Cloud in Python | Set 2
- Generating Strong Password using Python
- Reading and Generating QR codes in Python using QRtools
- Generating hash id's using uuid3() and uuid5() in Python
- Random sampling in numpy | random() function
- Random Numbers in Python
- random.setstate() in Python
- numpy.random.f() in Python
- random.getstate() in Python
- random.seed( ) in Python
- random.getrandbits() in Python
- random.gammavariate() function in Python
- Random.Choices() method in Python
- numpy.random.randn() in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.