Given a single integer n [1, 1000000000], generate a Pythagoras triplet which includes n as one of its sides if possible.
Input : 22 Output : Pythagoras Triplets exist i.e. 22 120 122 Input : 4 Output : Pythagoras Triplets exist i.e. 4 3 5 Input : 2 Output : No Pythagoras Triplet exists
Definition: “Pythagorean triplets” are integer solutions to the Pythagorean Theorem, i.e. they satisfy the equation
Our task is to generate a triplet from an integral value. This can be a confusing task because, the side given to us can be a hypotenuse or a non-hypotenuse side.
Starting to calculate triplets by putting them in a formula, it can be deduced that only for 1 and 2, no triplets are possible.
if n is even, our triplets are calculated by formula
if n is odd, our triplets are calculated by formula
Pythagoras Theorem can also be written as
i.e a*a = (c-b)(c+b)
a*a x 1 = a*a, thus and , this solution works if n is odd.
For even solution, , thus, we get the above formula when n is even.
Pythagoras Triplets exist i.e. 22 120 122
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Pythagorean Triplet with given sum using single loop
- Generate integer from 1 to 7 with equal probability
- Generate all unique partitions of an integer
- Minimum decrements to make integer A divisible by integer B
- Digital Root (repeated digital sum) of square of an integer using Digital root of the given integer
- Prime Triplet
- Pythagorean Triplet with given sum
- Finding a Non Transitive Coprime Triplet in a Range
- Sum of multiplication of triplet of divisors of a number
- Triplet with no element divisible by 3 and sum N
- Count triplet pairs (A, B, C) of points in 2-D space that satisfy the given condition
- Find distinct integers for a triplet with given product
- Count triplet of indices (i, j, k) such that XOR of elements between [i, j) equals [j, k]
- Puzzle | Place numbers 1 to 9 in a Circle such that sum of every triplet in straight line is 15
- Largest lexicographic triplet from a given Array that forms a triangle
- Minimum possible sum of prices of a Triplet from the given Array
- Maximum value of expression (arr[i] + arr[j] * arr[k]) formed from a valid Triplet
- Find a triplet in an array whose sum is closest to a given number
- Sum of all possible triplet products from given ranges
- Check if every vertex triplet in graph contains two vertices connected to third vertex
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.