Given 3 positive integers N, M and K. the task is to construct a string of length N consisting of lowercase letters such that each substring of length M having exactly K distinct letters.
Input: N = 5, M = 2, K = 2
Each substring of size 2 “ab”, “ba”, “ad”, “de” have 2 distinct letters.
Input: N = 7, M = 5, K = 3
Each substring of size 5 “tleel”, “leelt”, “eelte” have 3 distinct letters.
Approach: In a string of size N, every substring of size M must contain exactly K distinct letters
- Construct a string having K distinct alphabets starting from ‘a’ to ‘z’ up to the size of M and put the rest of letters like ‘a’..
- Since, we have generated a string of size M with K distinct value. Now, keep repeating it till we reach string size of N.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time complexity: O(N)
Space complexity: O(1)
- Find the String having each substring with exactly K distinct characters
- Generate random String of given size in Java
- Generate a string whose all K-size substrings can be concatenated to form the given string
- Minimum flips required in a binary string such that all K-size substring contains 1
- Encrypt string with product of number of vowels and consonants in substring of size k
- Maximum number of set bits count in a K-size substring of a Binary String
- Count substring of Binary string such that each character belongs to a palindrome of size greater than 1
- Minimum length substring with exactly K distinct characters
- Count of distinct characters in a substring by given range for Q queries
- Generate an array of given size with equal count and sum of odd and even numbers
- Generate Array whose sum of all K-size subarrays divided by N leaves remainder X
- Lexicographically smallest and largest substring of size k
- Find distinct characters in distinct substrings of a string
- Count of ungrouped characters after dividing a string into K groups of distinct characters
- String with k distinct characters and no same characters adjacent
- Generate a String of having N*N distinct non-palindromic Substrings
- Find the number of rectangles of size 2*1 which can be placed inside a rectangle of size n*m
- Iterative program to generate distinct Permutations of a String
- Maximum size of square such that all submatrices of that size have sum less than K
- Generate a string consisting of characters 'a' and 'b' that satisfy the given conditions
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.