GeeksforGeeks True Geek Tournament – 7 Days Marathon to Earn the ‘True Geek’ Title!
Do you remember the childhood days, when cricket was the major reason for living to you and how excited you used to be for that gully cricket match and that chance to showcase to everyone that you’re the next Sachin…!! And what about those interschool quiz competitions where you participate wholeheartedly to prove your excellence and expertise in particular subjects.
But where’s that spark gone now…??
Without any doubt, GeeksforGeeks is truly aware of the potential of all the geeks out there but don’t you want to expand your horizons and showcase this to the world that you’re second to none and a ‘TrueGeek’!?
Obviously, almost each of you would eagerly want to do this but the concern that arises is HOW, right…?? No worries, we’ve got the solution for you, and it is named the ‘True Geek Tournament‘.
What is GeeksforGeeks ‘True Geek Tournament’?
It’s a week-long tournament that is being organized by GeeksforGeeks to find out who’s the truest geek once and for all. Not only this, there’s lots of learning, fun, cashback vouchers, and a surprise reward for everyone who participates and clears all the 3 rounds! And also, if you win, you’ll get proclaimed as the ‘Truest Geek of All’ and will get cash rewards, some amazing swag kits, and an internship opportunity at GeeksforGeeks. You will also get a participation certificate if you are consistent in your performance. Isn’t it something amazing? In this 7-day marathon event, there will be a total of 3 challenges and your performance or how you fare in these challenges will determine your final standing.
**The ‘True Geek Tournament‘ is scheduled to be held from October 05-11, 2021!!!**
Let’s take a detailed look at all the 3 challenges:
1. Article Writing: In this article writing challenge at True Geek Tournament, you’ll be required to write and submit 1 article anytime during the week and then you will be rewarded with points. And yes, the higher your points, the higher are your chances of winning. So all those drafts you’ve saved up in your folder – take them out and get working!
- Points Allotment: 5 * 14 = 70 point (Max points)
2. Daily Quiz: Another challenge in this astonishing True Geek Tournament is Daily Quiz. As the name suggests, here every day we will have a new pop quiz which will test your knowledge of all things one should know to be a True Geek. And maybe more. Psst, cheating isn’t allowed! So make sure you do it yourself.
- Points Allotment: 10 Points * 7 Days = 70 Points (Max points)
3. DSA Contest: Our third and last event is a DSA contest which is as deadly yet sweet as DSA itself. This is a 1.5 hours contest that will be held on the last day of the tournament. So brush up on your skills because it’s going to be a bumpy ride!
- Points Allotment: 3 questions (1.5 hours) = 70 Points (Max points)
Let’s see what will you learn –
- How to answer questions in an intense environment with time limitations
- Articles can be fun to write and the happiness you get knowing it helped a Geek
- Competitions can be completed and won when you prepare well
- If you haven’t prepared well, you know we’ll be there for you always
How to Participate?
You can easily participate in this GeeksforGeeks ‘True Geek Tournament’ by following the below-mentioned steps:
1. Firstly, you need to visit this link – True Geek Tournament and register yourself for the course.
2. After the successful registration, you’ll be able to access the links for all the three challenges (Article Writing, Daily Quiz, and DSA Contest) as per the defined schedule.
3. You’ll also be able to check your earned points from the course page/dashboard itself.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What are the dates for the True Geek Tournament
Ans. The True Geek Tournament is scheduled to be held from 05-11 October 2021. In particular, challenge 1 i.e. article writing & submission can be done anytime during the week. Challenge 2 i.e., the pop quiz will be held daily for the entire week, and challenge 3 i.e., DSA Contest will be held on the last day of the tournament.
Q. Is it mandatory to register for the course to participate in the True Geek Tournament?
Ans. Yes, you’ll be able to successfully participate in the True Geek Tournament and access the links for all the challenges only after registering yourself for the course.
Q. Is there any participation fee or registration charges associated with the True Geek Tournament?
Ans. No, participation in the True Geek Tournament is completely FREE OF COST and there is not any participation fee, registration charges, course fee, etc. associated with the True Geek Tournament.
Q. What time will the pop quiz be every day? Can I answer it whenever I want?
Ans. The quiz will get open each day for 24 hours – hence, you can attempt it anytime within 24 hours.
Q. Are there points for all the competitions? How will the points be allocated?
Ans. There are a total of 210 points (70 for each challenge) in the True Geek Tournament.
- In the Article Writing challenge, your article will be rated by the GFG Review Team out of 5 and then the particular score will be multiplied by 14 for the final points. For example – if your article gets 5 out 5 by the GFG Review Team, then your final points in this article will be 5*14 = 70 i.e., maximum.
- In Daily Quiz, you’ll have a new pop quiz every day for the entire 7 days with 10 Points for each day. Hence, total points are: 10 Points * 7 Days = 70 Points
- In the DSA Contest, there will be a total of 3 questions (that you need to solve within 90 minutes) for 70 Points.