Remember the memories of your childhood when you accepted the challenge to solve some Jigsaw Puzzle, Complex Mathematics Problems, Tic-Tac-Toe, Sudoku or Rubik’s cube kinda brain teaser game. Maybe it was scary the first time but when you solved the problem it was exciting, fun, challenging and interesting for you.
Whether it’s a game or it’s real-life, challenges exist everywhere. These brain teaser games not only help you in becoming a good problem solver but also help in accepting the challenge and acquiring so many skills. Similarly, you step into programming solving a simple piece of code but you keep growing every day and learn to write code for difficult situations when some real-world complex problems hit in front of you. If you really enjoy solving complex problems and dealing with challenging things in your life then jumping into programming is the best career option for you. Now the question is where to start and how to take the step in competitive programming or coding challenges…?
GeeksforGeeks is organizing Geeks Coding Challenge 2019 for programmers who are interested in solving coding problems and love to compete with other programmers online. Take the advantage of this portal… learn, code, jump into the programming and compete with others to build the skills we have discussed before. You won’t only enjoy participation but also you will make your logical, analytical and problem-solving skills more powerful. It will also help you in your career to get into the product-based companies.
What GCC Is All About??
Geeks Coding Challenge (GCC) 2019 is a 3 Day Coding Event commencing from 27TH DEC to 29TH DEC 2019. The contest will be conducted online for programmers where you can participate and challenge yourself to solve coding problems. The overall Prizes for GCC are worth More than 6 Lakh Rupees. So accept the Geeks Coding Challenge and show your coding skills and get a chance to be hired in companies.
Total prizes worth more than 6 Lakh Rupees to be Won.
- Rank 1 – Cash Prize INR 7500 + Free Access to P100 Course + Goodie Bag + One-hour Live session with Mr. Sandeep Jain (Founder & CEO, GeeksforGeeks) + Free access to GFG Job Portal
- Rank 2 – Cash Prize INR 5000 + Free Access to P100 Course + Goodie Bag + One-hour Live session with Mr. Sandeep Jain (Founder & CEO, GeeksforGeeks) + Free access to GFG Job Portal
- Rank 3 to 5 – Free Access to P100 Course + Goodie Bag + One-hour Live session with Mr. Sandeep Jain (Founder & CEO, GeeksforGeeks) + Free access to GFG Job Portal
- Rank 6 to 25 – Free Access to DSA SP Course + Goodie Bag + Free access to GFG Job Portal
- Rank 26 to 50 – GFG T-shirt & Swags(Stickers, Pen & Keychain)+ Free access to GFG Job Portal + Discount coupon worth INR 2000 (Applicable on all the courses by GFG)
- Rank 51 to 100 – Free access to GFG Job Portal + Discount coupon worth INR 2000 (Applicable on all the courses by GFG)
- Rank 101 to 250 – Discount coupon worth INR 1500 (Applicable on all the courses by GFG)
- Rank below 250 (With a non zero score) – Discount coupon worth INR 500 (Applicable on all the courses by GFG)
- For Every Registered Candidate – Discount coupon worth INR 300 (Applicable on all the courses by GFG)
How to Participate in Geeks Coding Challenge 2019?
Participating in this contest is Free of Cost but the Seats Are Limited. Registration will be closed as soon as the seats become full. In order to register yourself, you need to enter an invitation code which you can get from one of the four option given below:
- You can reach out to your campus ambassador in order to get the invitation code. If you are not aware of the campus ambassador of your college, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will send you invitation code to your mail-id if you have bought any paid course from GeeksforGeeks. And if you buy any GFG paid course before the contest, then you will automatically get an invitation code by mail.
- You can also ask for an invite code from a friend who has bought a paid course from GFG.
- If you don’t get the invitation code from all the options given above then fill this Form and get in queue to get the invitation code.
The Geeks Coding Challenge is divided into three rounds. The top performers will be selected on the basis of their score and time taken for submission. Details of all the three rounds are as follows:
Round 1: All the registered candidates will appear for a coding challenge on 27TH Dec 2019. It will be a 90 minutes challenge starting from 8:00 PM IST till 9:30 PM IST. Top 250 performers from this challenge will proceed to the second round of the contest.
Round 2: Top 250 coders from Day 1 will compete in Round 2 on 28TH Dec 2019. It will be a 120 minutes challenge starting from 8:00 PM IST till 10:00 PM IST. Top 100 performers from this challenge will proceed to the final round of the contest.
Round 3: Top 100 coders from Day 2 will compete in this final round on 29TH Dec 2019 to make it to the top spots. It will be a 120 minutes challenge starting from 8:00 PM IST till 10:00 PM IST.
How to Prepare?
- Choose a programming language between C++, Java or Python.
- Understand the concept of Time and Space complexity to come up with the best solution i.e the optimal one.
- Learn the Fundamentals of Data Structure and Algorithms and brush up your coding skills for all the topics such as Array, Linked List, Stack, Queue, Tree, Trie, Graph, Sorting, Recursion, Dynamic Programming etc. by using GeeksforGeeks Practice portal.
- Before you directly jump into the first round we advise you to take Sample Geeks Challenge get familiar with the GeeksforGeeks coding environment.
- For more details, please go through the article “How to prepare for competitive programming?“
- What is the last date of registration?
As the seats are limited so the registration will be closed as soon as the seats become full.
- I don’t have an invitation code. What should I do?
Please read the instructions given above.
- I don’t know about my campus ambassador. What should I do?
If you are not aware of the campus ambassador of your college, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com
- Can I participate in GCC 2019 with a team?
No, only individual participation is allowed.
- Which programming languages are supported in this contest?
Languages supported for the contest are C++, Java, and Python
- What if I lose my internet connection in between the contest?
The contest timer will not stop, however, if you come back in between the specified time of the contest then you can continue from where you left.
- Am I eligible for this Geeks Coding Challenge?
Anyone with the Invitation Code is eligible for this contest.
- Is there any number to contact for any query?
You may call us on our toll-free number 1800 123 8622 or Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that in case of any issues, GeeksforGeeks holds the right of the final decision.
- 7 Best Coding Challenge Websites in 2020
- Write From Home Challenge - Technical Content Writing Event By GeeksforGeeks
- What coding habits improve timing in coding contest?
- Become Leader of Coding Era - GeeksforGeeks Campus Ambassador Program
- Coderita - Online Coding Competition For Women By GeeksforGeeks
- The Google Foo Bar Challenge
- A basic Python Programming Challenge
- I don't like Coding. What should I do to Get a Job in IT?
- How to win a Coding Contest?
- BFS using STL for competitive coding
- Why Should I Learn Coding?
- Secure coding - What is it all about?
- How To Approach A Coding Problem ?
- Coding Standards and Guidelines
- Coding the Financial Market
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.