Frequently Asked Questions
GCET 2 is an entrance test for the extensive classroom programme by GeeksforGeeks to build and enhance Data Structures and Algorithm concepts, mentored by Sandeep Jain (Founder & CEO, GeeksforGeeks). He has 7 years of teaching experience and 6 years of industry experience.
- Duration : 2 months (Weekends)
- Date of Commencement : June 16, 2018
- Timings : 3 hrs/day
- Topics to be covered :
- Data Structures (Arrays, Linked lists, Stacks, Trees, Graphs etc.)
- Algorithms (Searching, Sorting, Divide and Conquer, Greedy, etc.)
- Venue : TAI Infotech Pvt.Ltd, H-159, Sector 63, Noida
Rewards and Benefits
- Certificate after successful completion of the course.
- Weekly Assessment Test with proper feedback.
- Goodies to the Periodic Test Toppers.
- Internship Opportunities at GeeksforGeeks
- Periodic Doubt Classes
How to apply?
- Course Fee : ₹ 10,000 (Inclusive of tax).
- Scholarships would be awarded on the basis of ranks secured in the GCET1 and GCET2.
Note : Selections will entirely be done on the basis of score in GCET1 or GCET2.
Course Content :
C++ Basics : Arrays, Functions, Recursion, Structures, Classes and Pointers in C++
Analysis : Time Complexity Analysis, Space Complexity Analysis
Basic Data Structures : Array, Linked List, Stack, Queue, STL Libraries for these data structures
Tree Based Data Structures :Tree, Binary Search Tree, Heap and Priority Queue, STL Libraries for these data structures
Advanced Data Structures: Hashing, Graph, Trie, Segment Tree, STL Libraries for these data structures.
Algorithms: Searching, Sorting, Median and Order Statistics, Modular Arithmetic, Bit manipulations. Randomized Algorithms, Divide and Conquer, Greedy Algorithms, Dynamic Programming, Backtracking, Randomized Algorithms, String Algorithms.
Commonly asked interview questions on all of the above topics
- Will Sandeep Jain be taking all lectures?
Yes, Sandeep Jain will be taking all lectures alongwith the team of other competitive programmers.
- How much is a batch size?
The planned batch size is 30
- Those who have appeared in first contest, can they appear in this contest also?
Yes, if you did not get admission through first contest, you may appear in this contest
- Are top candidates of this contest also eligible for scholarship?
Yes, we will be offering scholarships to top 10 candidates of GCET2 also. First candidate 100 % fee deduction, second 75%, third 50% and other candidates in top 10 get 10%.
- What type of questions are going to be there in GCET2?
This test is little bit different from the GCET1. The programming questions would be based on basic mathematics and do not require knowledge of data structures.
For further details, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org