GE Healthcare Interview Experience | Off-Campus 2021
Company: GE Healthcare – Off-Campus(2021)
Role: Software Engineering Specialist
Location: JFW Technology Centre Bangalore
CTC: Refer ambition box/Glassdoor. The averages mentioned is almost correct it will give an idea.
Round 1 (Online Test and Coding Round): Once profile gets shortlisted you will be contacted regarding the round 1 Test.
Usually you will get a test link from GE India Technology Centre via Cocubes platform.
They are divided into 3 parts and all have to be given in one go.
- Section 1: Online Aptitude test(Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Grammar)
- Section 2: Software Assessment(Technical Mcqs)
- Section 3: Online Coding Assessment(2 codes)
You have to clear the cutoff to go the next section.
Round 2 (Technical Interview): Taken by a Sr. Software Engineer.
The interviewer scanned the complete resume while I was giving my Intro.
- Then we moved on to my Internships and asked me what CRUD approach is, since I worked on that in my internship I told him about it.
- Then to my projects, was asked a few questions on the technologies used and functionalities of them.
- He then asked about OOPS concepts with examples. Practical implementations as well in any of your preferred language. (C++/Java/C# will be ideal)
- Array Reverse code, compile with your preferred language
- Data structures types, what is stack and queue techniques. Tree traversals(inorder/post/pre)?
- Prefix/Postfix conversions
- Since I worked on Web dev, I was asked about API requests. JSON and XML structure diff.
- SQL connection drivers. (JDBC)
- 3 Tier Architecture system.
- OSI Layer, TCP/IP, How does DHCP work.
- He also asked what would be your area of interest to work on and then concluded by asking me if I had any questions.
The Interviewer also gave me the feedback at the end! I understood that I will be sent to the next round.
Round 3 (Manager Interview): Taken by a Sr. Manager.
Duration – 45 mins.
- Focused heavily on the projects, asked me each and every bit of my project. Lots of cross questions to test if I had done the projects by myself and if I know it properly.
- Asked me about my participation in hackathons(as I had participated in quite a lot and won a few of them) and what was the X-factor in your Idea.
- Asked me a query to retrieve the third highest value from the given tables.
- Then I was asked on Cloud and Devsevops as it was mentioned in my CV.
- A scenario question if there is a product deployment that has to released early what would be the best practice to go for. (Since I mentioned about devops/CI CD pipelines and few automation techniques I told him about implementing devops methodology).
- Asked about how come are we still using IPV4 even now and why haven’t we switched to IPv6 yet?
- Network ID/Host ID/Broadcast ID
- Cloud fundamentals like (SAAS,PAAS and IAAS) and few public clouds usages.
- Behavioural questions like why GE Healthcare?
- What are you strengths and weakness?
- Why do you want to switch so early within 2-3months as you just graduated ?
- Then he concluded by asking if I had any questions, so I asked him what techstack do you or your team is working on currently and at what level of innovation, responsibility and research is encouraged?
- He said one answer which mesmerized me, (every line of code we write or deploy will be touching at least 250 million lives in the world) so Innovation/research are highly encouraged with utmost responsibility here at GE.
Round 4 (HR- Round): Taken by the Talent Acquisition Business partner
Duration – 25/30 mins
- Which technology Interests me?
- What domain are you looking to shape your career in?
- Why the switch so early that too from a pretty decent company(my previous company) for a early graduate?
- Why GE?
- What do you know about GE and its history (founders were Thomas Alva Edison and JP Morgan) 😛
- Then talked about the Role/Compensation.
- Finally they asked if I had any questions. I asked about the career path and few career goal oriented questions.
Result: After a week I saw this in my mailbox
(Congratulations on your offer of employment with GE!)
My suggestion would be having an overall balanced profile with quality projects and hackathons can make a significant impact in this hiring process. They are looking for people who can accept challenges, building things and innovation in a daily basis.