110 students were selected, cutoff was 64.5 to give the first round. It was an online test having 5 sections. Platform was AMCAT. The sections included quant, logical reasoning, verbal reasoning, technical aptitude and Automata ( 2 coding questions in 45 minutes).
Maintain good speed in quant section but accuracy is important too. Technical aptitude had mcq’s on DS, algos, output, dbms and os.
There were different sets for Automata. Mine questions were-
1. Given an array of size n and a number k, sort the first k integers in non-descending order and the last n-k into non-ascending order.
2. Given a long integer return the smallest(magnitude) integer permutation of that number. The question was simple.
It could be solved by storing the number digitwise into an array and then sorting it. If the first digit is zero swap it with first non-zero digit.
57 students were selected for the second round. Second round was GD. Students were divided into groups of 10 and topic was “Will AI replace human workforce”. It went on for 15 mins. Speak confidently and coherently. Add to what others are saying or contradict them politely. Let others speak too. After GD 17 people were shortlisted for further rounds.
It was a technical interview. I was asked to explain my projects. Know everything that you have written on your resume thoroughly. After that I was asked some basic questions on arrays and linked list. Write a code for sorting and explain it. Explain bubble sort and selection sort. Which one is more efficient. It was followed by two questions on dbms. First was on ER diagram and types of relations. Second one included an SQL query and joins.
7 students were selected for the HR round.
1. Tell me something about yourself which is not on your resume( this was the first ques in tech interview too).
2. Asked about internships.
3. Explain projects. Why this particular method used. How you reached there. It’s applications. What have you done
differently from others(referring to researchs on same topic).
4. Why coding job when you are from a different stream.
5. Why do you know only one coding language.
6. Difference between c and c++
7. concepts of oops
8. Explain polymorphism
9. Questions on pointers
10. Any questions for us.
All the interviewers were warm and friendly. Answer confidently and always try to come up with a solution. All the best!
This article is contributed by Anjali. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Related Practice Problems
- GE Interview Experience | Set 5 (On-Campus for GE Digital)
- GE Digital Interview Experience | Set 8 (On Campus for FTE)
- TCS Digital Interview Experience | Set 41 (On-Campus)
- GE Interview Experience | Set 4 (On-Campus for GE Digital)
- GE Digital Interview Experience | Set 7 (On-Campus for Internship)
- TCS Digital Hiring Interview Experience 2018
- Goldman Sachs Digital Interview Experience
- GE Digital Interview Experience | Set 9 (Software Engineer)
- Digital Root (repeated digital sum) of the given large integer
- TCS Digital Interview Questions
- TCS Digital profile Interview 2019
- TCS CodeVita Interview | Digital vs Ninja profile
- Software Engineer Interview at GE Digital | Hyderabad (off-campus)
- Wipro Digital Interview (Turbo Profile for the Role of Project engineer)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)