Let G(x) be the generator polynomial used for CRC checking. What is the condition that should be satisfied by G(x) to detect odd number of bits in error?
(A) G(x) contains more than two terms
(B) G(x) does not divide 1+x^k, for any k not exceeding the frame length
(C) 1+x is a factor of G(x)
(D) G(x) has an odd number of terms.
Explanation: Odd number of bit errors can be detected if G(x) contains (x+1) as a factor. See this for proof.
Quiz of this Question
- GATE | GATE-CS-2007 | Question 68
- GATE | GATE-CS-2009 | Question 57
- GATE | GATE-CS-2007 | Question 85
- GATE | GATE CS 2013 | Question 65
- GATE | GATE-CS-2009 | Question 49
- GATE | GATE CS 2018 | Question 65
- GATE | GATE CS 2018 | Question 64
- GATE | GATE CS 2018 | Question 63
- GATE | GATE CS 2018 | Question 62
- GATE | GATE CS 2018 | Question 61