Gamma function is one commonly used extension of the factorial function to complex numbers. The gamma function is defined for all complex numbers except the non-positive integers.
Gamma function denoted by is defined as:
Gamma function is also known as Euler’s integral of second kind.
Integrating Gamma function by parts we get,
Some standard results:
We know that
Now changing to polar coordinates by using u = r cosθ and v = r sinθ
Where n is a positive integer and m>-1
Put x=e^-y such that dx=-e-ydy=-x dy
Put (m+1)y = u
Put x4 = t, 4x3dx = dt, dx = ¼ t-3/4 dt
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Counting Boolean function with some variables
- Beta Function
- Levene's test
- Alpha and Beta test
- Solving Homogeneous Recurrence Equations Using Polynomial Reduction
- Mathematics | Problems On Permutations | Set 1
- Cosets in Mathematics
- Normal and Principle Forms
- Secant Method of Numerical analysis
- Difference between Descriptive and Inferential statistics
- Trick to calculate determinant of a 3x3 matrix
- Sum of n terms of a sequence
- Important points about Circle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.