How would you solve below problems in C/C++?
- What is the smallest representable positive floating point number in C/C++?
- What is the largest representable negative floating point number in C/C++?
- Given a positive floating point number x, find the largest representable floating point value smaller than x?
nextafter(x, y) and nexttoward(x.y)
In C and C++, both nextafter(x, y) and nexttoward(x.y) are similar functions defined in math.h or cmath header files. They both return next representable value after x in the direction of y. nexttoward() has more precise second parameter y.
The following program demonstrates the concept :
nextafter first value greater than zero: 4.940656e-324 nextafter first value less than zero: -4.940656e-324 nexttoward first value greater than zero: 4.940656e-324 nexttoward first valnextafter first value greater than zero: 4.940656e-324 nextafter first value less than zero: -4.940656e-324 nexttoward first value greater than zero: 4.940656e-324 nexttoward first value less than zero: -4.940656e-324 ue less than zero: -4.940656e-324
This article is contributed by Aditya Chatterjee. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Nested Loops in C++ with Examples
- Slack Bytes in Structures : Explained with Example
- _Find_first() function in C++ bitset with Examples
- _Find_next() function in C++ bitset with Examples
- Left-Right traversal of all the levels of N-ary tree
- Difference between Iterators and Pointers in C/C++ with Examples
- ostream::seekp(pos) method in C++ with Exmaples
- Default Methods in C++ with Examples
- C program to count number of vowels and consonants in a String
- Nested Loops in C with Examples
- C++ Tutorial
- Hello World Program : First program while learning Programming
- Difference between Argument and Parameter in C/C++ with Examples
- Implicit Type Conversion in C with Examples