How would you solve below problems in C/C++?
- What is the smallest representable positive floating point number in C/C++?
- What is the largest representable negative floating point number in C/C++?
- Given a positive floating point number x, find the largest representable floating point value smaller than x?
nextafter(x, y) and nexttoward(x.y)
In C and C++, both nextafter(x, y) and nexttoward(x.y) are similar functions defined in math.h or cmath header files. They both return next representable value after x in the direction of y. nexttoward() has more precise second parameter y.
The following program demonstrates the concept :
nextafter first value greater than zero: 4.940656e-324 nextafter first value less than zero: -4.940656e-324 nexttoward first value greater than zero: 4.940656e-324 nexttoward first valnextafter first value greater than zero: 4.940656e-324 nextafter first value less than zero: -4.940656e-324 nexttoward first value greater than zero: 4.940656e-324 nexttoward first value less than zero: -4.940656e-324 ue less than zero: -4.940656e-324
This article is contributed by Aditya Chatterjee. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Difference between Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Difference between Single and Multiple Inheritance in C++
- Difference between Abstraction and Encapsulation in C++
- return statement in C/C++ with Examples
- size of char datatype and char array in C
- Logical Not ! operator in C with Examples
- How to implement our own Vector Class in C++?
- Web Programming in C++
- C++ Program to print an Array using Recursion
- Storage Classes in C++ with Examples
- fill_n() function in C++ STL with examples
- fill() function in C++ STL with examples
- How to erase an element from a vector using erase() and reverse_iterator?
- iomanip setbase() function in C++ with Examples