Consider below C program. The program has extra bracket around function name.
So putting extra bracket with function name works in C/C++.
What can be use of it?
One use could be, if we have a macro with same name as function, then extra brackets avoid macro expansion wherever we want the function to be called.
Function 4 Macro : 4
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- What happens when a virtual function is called inside a non-virtual function in C++
- Function Overloading vs Function Overriding in C++
- Difference between Virtual function and Pure virtual function in C++
- How to call some function before main() function in C++?
- How to call function within function in C or C++
- Difference between user defined function and library function in C/C++
- Difference between virtual function and inline function in C++
- Write a one line C function to round floating point numbers
- Does C support function overloading?
- How can I return multiple values from a function?
- What is the purpose of a function prototype?
- How to declare a pointer to a function?
- C function to Swap strings
- Can we call an undeclared function in C++?
- What is evaluation order of function parameters in C?
- Can we use function on left side of an expression in C and C++?
- Declare a C/C++ function returning pointer to array of integer pointers
- Function overloading and return type
- Function Pointer in C
- Importance of function prototype in C