Consider below C program. The program has extra bracket around function name.
So putting extra bracket with function name works in C/C++.
What can be use of it?
One use could be, if we have a macro with same name as function, then extra brackets avoid macro expansion wherever we want the function to be called.
Function 4 Macro : 4
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference between user defined function and library function in C/C++
- Function Overloading vs Function Overriding in C++
- How to call some function before main() function in C++?
- How to call function within function in C or C++
- What happens when a virtual function is called inside a non-virtual function in C++
- Difference between Virtual function and Pure virtual function in C++
- arc function in C
- fma() function in C++
- log() function in C++
- exp() function C++
- div() function in C++
- strcmpi() function in C
- isinf() function in C++
- wcscoll() function in C++
- wctob() function in C++
- mbsrtowcs() function in C/C++
- isunordered() function in C++
- bit_and function in C++
- mbsinit() Function in C/C++
- putchar() function in C