Consider below C program. The program has extra bracket around function name.
So putting extra bracket with function name works in C/C++.
What can be use of it?
One use could be, if we have a macro with same name as function, then extra brackets avoid macro expansion wherever we want the function to be called.
Function 4 Macro : 4
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Function Overloading vs Function Overriding in C++
- What happens when a virtual function is called inside a non-virtual function in C++
- log() function in C++
- exp() function C++
- arc function in C
- div() function in C++
- fma() function in C++
- wcsstr() function in C++ with example
- wcstok() function in C++ with example
- strlwr() function in C
- wcsncpy() function in C++ with example
- iswdigit() function in C/C++
- real() function in C++
- imag() function in C++
- regex_iterator() function in C++ STL