Almost everything in digital world is connected to cloud in some way or other unless it’s specifically kept in local storage for security reasons.
Let’s take look at advantages of Cloud Computing before discussing the future of cloud.
- One of the greatest advantages is accessibility of resources. Users can access their data from anyplace, at any time, and from any type of device as long as they are connected to internet.
- Services become completely flexible (pay-per-use model) and can be adjusted at any time which is referred to as scalability in terms of Cloud Computing.
- Cloud Service Provider (CSP) takes care of all maintenance works, which allows us to concentrate more efficiently on our tasks, which in turn helps us in optimizing productivity.
- Cloud Computing provides increased security when compared with traditional and internal infrastructures in company. It guarantees safety by providing the best security systems and services with proper auditing, passwords, and encryptions.
Cloud Computing has many features that make it’s future brighter in mostly all sectors of the world. But it will not be alone. Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data will add more to it. Let’s explore article to understand future of cloud.
Cloud with Operating System :
Operating systems allow users to run programs, store and retrieve data from one user session to next. Through virtualization, most server operating systems now support and will continue to support hypervisors that allow multiple (and possibly different) operating systems to run simultaneously. Virtualized servers will continue to play huge role in driving operations of cloud.
Many organizations are opting for on-demand model operating systems, in which servers download user’s operating system applications and environment settings to any computer user logs in to. With the advent of more programs that run within browser, there may be much less need for powerful desktop operating systems, such as Windows and Mac Os.
Cloud with Internet of Thing :
1. Cloud-based location-tracking applications –
A location-tracking application utilizes data from Global Positioning System (GPS) capabilities built into mobile devices to integrate individuals’ location into processing it performs. As GPS capabilities are built into more devices, applications will begin to deliver more location – tracking solutions.
Using cloud and location-tracking solutions, you will be able to track not only packages you ship, but also stolen cars, lost luggage, misplaced cell phones, missing pets, and more.
2. Cloud-based smart fabrics and paints –
Ability to connect devices to cloud from any place, at any time will open door to wide range of cutting-edge applications. Devices that once had to be read by utility or city employees, such as electric meters and parking meters, will connect to web and create report. Intelligence will be built into fabrics of our clothes, bedding, and furniture.
These intelligent fabrics will provide wide range of services including following :
- Automatically adjust room temperature when body temperature becomes too warm or too cold.
- Notify rooms when we enter or leave so that lights, music, and other devices are automatically controlled.
- Monitor body functions such as blood pressure, blood sugar levels, stress, and more, and notify person and adjust environment to affect those functions.
- Notify others when elderly person has fallen.
- Provide deterrence against mosquitoes and other insects.
Similarly, new paints being developed change form based on environmental conditions. Currently, paints can change color on roads to indicate presence of ice.
In the future, intelligent paint may report driving conditions back to cloud.
3. Cloud TV –
Few companies are changing way consumers watch TV. With greater bandwidth available everywhere, DVD’s have fallen by wayside. TV viewers will not just watch shows on-demand in their homes, in their cars, and on airplanes but also new breed of projection devices will make any flat surface TV screen.
4. Cloud-based smart devices –
Cloud’s ability to provide internet access and at any time makes such processing reality. Some devices may initially be intelligent with reference to their ability to regulate power consumption, possibly avoiding power use during peak times and costs.
Using the cloud for communication, devices can coordinate activities. For example, your car may notify your home automation system that you are down blocking and instruct it to light house, turn on your favorite music and prompt refrigerator for list of ready to cook meals.
Home based Cloud Computing :
Today most households have wireless network capabilities that allow family members to connect to Web and access sites and contents they desire. With arrival of smart devices, intelligent fabrics, and greater use of frequency identification devices (RFID), relations will expect on-demand personalized technology solutions. Families will use cloud devices to customize their environments and experiences. Within suc environment, families will want to restrict processing to within home, meaning that they will not want neighbors to receive signals generated by their devices and clothing.
That implies ability to encrypt wide range of signals within home. To that end, you should expect to see cloud-based in-home devices that store family files, maintain appliance settings. download and store movies and TV shows, and more.
Modular Software :
With cloud computing, companies no longer have to raise capital required to fund large data center. Instead, they can leverage PaaS solution. Furthermore, companies no longer have to pay expensive licensing fees for various software tools such as database management systems. Instead, they can leverage pay-on-demand solutions. Hence developers will release software solutions at faster rate, bringing solutions to market that expects high functionality and demands lower cost.
85% Software developed since 2012 is cloud-enabled and increase in future data requirements will enable more services through Cloud. All-State and Center will have its own Cloud Platform for providing basic services in health, agriculture and social, etc.
Aadhar Card is major example of Cloud Computing projects and all banking platforms are moving towards serving 7 billion people in world. All Stock exchanges have to move towards cloud computing to provide efficient and real-time stock details.
Cloud computing is beginning to transform way enterprises buy and use technology resources and will become even more prominent in coming years.
In the next-generation, cloud computing technology role is going to be integral element in life of each human being because Cloud is only place where all software and hardware and all devices can connect at single place.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference Between Cloud Computing and Fog Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Virtualization In Cloud Computing and Types
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure | A cloud computing service
- Cloud Computing Platforms and Technologies
- Cloud computing Research challenges
- Load balancing in Cloud Computing
- Service level agreements in Cloud computing
- Compliance as a Service (CaaS) in Cloud Computing
- Licenses and their management in Cloud Computing
- Different Software License models in Cloud Computing
- CRM and ERP in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Services in Financial Market
- Anatomy of Cloud Computing
- Energy Efficiency in Cloud Computing
- Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- Issues in Cloud Computing
- How Emerging Economies and Different Industries are Getting Benefit From Cloud Computing?
- Economics of Cloud Computing
- Interesting Facts About Cloud Computing
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.