In this article, we will learn how to draw funnel chart in tableau worksheet to do further operations.
- Tableau: Tableau is a very powerful data visualization tool that can be used by data analysts, scientists, statisticians, etc. to visualize the data and get a clear opinion based on the data analysis. Tableau is very famous as it can take in data and produce the required data visualization output in a very short time.
- Funnel Chart: The Funnel chart is employed to see the progressive reduction of knowledge because it passes from one phase to a different phase. Data in each of those phases is represented as different portions of 100% (the whole). Like the chart, the Funnel chart doesn’t use any axes either. Each stage of the funnel represents a neighborhood of the entire. Therefore, it assumes the form of a funnel — with the primary stage being wide and therefore the largest, and every subsequent stage smaller than its previous stage.
Dataset used in the given examples is Dataset.
Steps to illustrate Funnel Chart in Tableau:
1. Open Tableau tool and connect a dataset into it.
2. Drag and drop the one sheet of connected dataset.
3. Click on Sheet1 to open the tableau worksheet.
4. On clicking Sheet1 you will get whole dataset attributes on left side and a worksheet for work.
5. To draw a funnel chart you have to select minimum one attributes by drag and drop into row then apply the another parameters for better visualization.
Here, we simply draw a funnel chart and apply an attribute by size on it.
This example uses above example 1 with some extra marks (apply the label and color marks) and which are shown below:
This example is similar to example 1 but applied on different values with different features with more clarification of whole procedure.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.