In general, if we will see a well-established network has become an important part of our lives. Expanding networking helps us to establish relationships with people. Like our social networking in our day to day life, computer networking is also important in this digital world where everything is connected to each other.
Computer networking helps us to enhance seamless communication, cohesive functioning, and resource sharing. The Internet is an example of a computer network. When we will start thinking that how important is computer networking we can understand the importance of computer networking. With the advancement of technology Virtual networking introduced, now let’s understand what is this virtual networking and what are the benefits of it.
Virtual Networking :
Virtual networking is a technology that facilitates the control of one or more remotely located computers or servers over the Internet. Here data communication occurs between two or more virtual machines. It is similar to traditional networking but the but interconnection occurs through virtual computing environment means in virtual networking all devices, servers, virtual machines are connected through software and wireless technology.
It is based on physical networking principle but its functions are mostly software-driven. In virtual networking devices across many locations connects with each other and function with the same capabilities as a traditional physical network. Virtual networking reduces the cost and complexity of operating and maintaining hardware. Virtual networking software are installed on remote computers or servers to avail of the virtual networking facility.
Working of virtual networking :
Virtual networking interconnects remote devices and machines from any location using the software. Some vendors offer comprehensive virtual networking software and services. Modern technology is used to create an extended network that works wirelessly.
Virtual networking includes the following parameter :
- vSwitch Software – A software application called vSwitch or Virtual Switch on the host server allows us to set up and configure a virtual network means it controls and directs communication between the existing physical network and virtual parts of the network.
- Virtual Network Adapter – It creates a gateway between networks means it allows computers and virtual machines to connect to a network. It makes it possible for all the computers in a Local Area Network (LAN) to connect to a larger network.
- Physical network – It is required as a host for the virtual network infrastructure.
- Virtual machines and devices –These are the machines or devices that connect to the network and allow various functionality.
- Servers – It is part of the network host infrastructure.
- Firewalls and security – It is designed for monitoring and preventing security threats in the virtual network.
It is easy to access any parts remotely by virtual networking as it provides more centralized management and simplified network management. Virtual networking is the foundation for Virtualization In Cloud Computing.
Three classes of Virtual Networking :
A Virtual Private Network in short called as VPN. VPN uses the internet to connect two or more existing networks. It is an internet-based virtual networking technology that allows to access any physical networks that are connected. It allows connecting any private network through the internet securely and privately. It is just like a private point to point connection between two devices or networks.
Virtual Local Area Network in short called VLAN. VLAN subdivides the LAN logically into different broadcast domains means it uses partitions to group devices on a LAN network into domains with resources and configurations. It allows better security, monitoring, and management of the devices and servers within a specific domain. Each VLANs act as a separate LAN. Data transmission becomes much easier and with VLAN the increasing transmission demand is fulfilled.
Virtual Extensible Local Area Network in short called VXLAN. It is a network virtualization technology that stretches layer 2 connections over layer 3 network by encapsulating Ethernet frames in a VXLAN packet which includes IP addresses to address the scalability problem in a more extensible manner.
Benefits of virtual networking :
- Flexibility and scalability
- Digital security
- Low networking hardware investment
- Less overall traffic
- Centralized network management
- Easy address to issues
- Cost savings
- Remote work capabilities