Functions are generally the block of codes or statements in a program that gives the user the ability to reuse the same code which ultimately saves the excessive use of memory, acts as a time saver and more importantly, provides better readability of the code. So basically, a function is a collection of statements that perform some specific task and return the result to the caller. A function can also perform some specific task without returning anything.
Pointers in Go programming language or Golang is a variable which is used to store the memory address of another variable. Pointers in Golang is also termed as the special variables. The variables are used to store some data at a particular memory address in the system. The memory address is always found in hexadecimal format(starting with 0x like 0xFFAAF etc.).
In Go language, the interface is a custom type that is used to specify a set of one or more method signatures and the interface is abstract, so you are not allowed to create an instance of the interface. But you are allowed to create a variable of an interface type and this variable can be assigned with a concrete type value that has the methods the interface requires. Or in other words, the interface is a collection of methods as well as it is a custom type.
Now you can create a function that takes interface type as a value and pointer. To understand this concept see the below example:
DSA Course Fee: 2499 Placement100 Course Fee: 7999
- Go Pointer to Pointer (Double Pointer)
- How to Copy Struct Type Using Value and Pointer Reference in Golang?
- How to check pointer or interface is nil or not in Golang?
- Type Casting or Type Conversion in Golang
- Golang Pointer to an Array as Function Argument
- reflect.Pointer() Function in Golang with Examples
- reflect.Interface() Function in Golang with Examples
- How to find the capacity of Channel, Pointer and Slice in Golang?
- How to declare and access pointer variable in Golang?
- How to find the Length of Channel, Pointer, Slice, String and Map in Golang?
- What is the difference between interface and type in TypeScript ?
- Pointer to a Struct in Golang
- How to find the capacity of the pointer in Golang?
- How to find the length of the pointer in Golang?
- How to instantiate Struct Pointer Address Operator in Golang?
- How to check interface type in TypeScript ?
- How to Access Interface Fields in Golang?
- reflect.Type() Function in Golang with Examples
- How to add a method to struct type in Golang?
- Converting a string variable into Boolean, Integer or Float type in Golang
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.