GeeksforGeeks offers the Freelance Technical Content Writing opportunity for all those individuals who have some good article writing skills and at the same time are knowledgeable enough to write about a particular topic or domain. This will not only help you in showcasing and enhancing your technical writing skills to the world but will also reward you with some good remuneration and other worthwhile benefits.
Benefits of Freelance Technical Content Writing at GeeksforGeeks
Some of the considerable benefits of Freelance Technical Content Writing at GeeksforGeeks are listed below:
- Experience certificate for all the duration you’ll work
- Flexible work hours and workload
- Bridge the gap of your career break (if any)
- If selected, you can continue for as much duration as you want
- New skills development and Work-Life balance
- You’ll be paid well for the content that you write
- Allows you to connect and share your skills with others across the world
How to Apply?
The step-by-step procedure to apply for Freelance Technical Content Writing at GeeksforGeeks is as follows:
- Firstly, what you need to do is write two sample articles on a topic of your area of interest and submit your articles on https://write.geeksforgeeks.org/. In case, if you have already written two articles, you can directly apply from here.
- If you are not sure about which topic to write about, then you can opt to choose a topic from here. Here, we have a pool of topics from which you can choose and write as per your interest. Please ensure that you write on those topics which are not published on GeeksforGeeks already.
- Once your two articles are published, please go to https://write.geeksforgeeks.org/internship, apply for the Internship/Freelance, download the Offer Letter and upload the signed Offer Letter there.
Important: Please note that your initial 2 articles for your selection should not be under these categories or similar types: Function, Method, Difference Between, Interview Experiences, Placements, and Internships. Also, articles with these tags or similar are not eligible for Remuneration: Interview Experiences, Placements, and Internships. Check the allowed domains list from Choose Domain For Writing Article at GeeksforGeeks
How to Write an Article?
- Click on https://write.geeksforgeeks.org/ and start writing your article under the “Write an Article” section.
- Once you have written the article, click on “Submit for Review“. It is strongly recommended to completely check your article before submitting it for review. The articles which are incorrect or promotional or plagiarized may lead to rejection.
- For article publication or any feedback, you will be notified at your registered Email address. In case of feedback, you are expected to make the suggested changes and resubmit them for review.
- Plagiarism of content from other websites or resources is highly discouraged.
- The Amount paid per Article will be the best as per industry standards and will depend upon the content and quality of your article.
- The articles with these tags or similar are not eligible for Remuneration: Interview Experiences, Placements, and Internships.
- Publication of an article is a multi-stage process, and it takes a minimum of 7 working days for an article to get published, in general. If your article does not get published within 7 days, kindly drop an e-mail to email@example.com regarding the publication of your article.
Note: Do remember that your initial 2 articles (sample articles) will not be considered for any kind of remuneration. Also, once you become eligible for the remuneration (i.e. when your 10 articles get successfully published at GeeksforGeeks), you’re recommended to apply for the remuneration before the end of the month as the remuneration amount is generally credited in the first week of the next month. For example – for August month, if you will apply before 31st August, then you will get the remuneration on the first week of September however if you’ll apply after 31st August then you’ll get the remuneration amount on the first week of October.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q-1: What amount will I get paid for writing an article as a freelancer?
Ans. The Amount paid per Article will depend upon the content and quality of your article.
Q-2. What will be the duration of the freelance program?
Ans. There is no fixed duration for the freelancers. You can opt for it at your convenience.
Q-3. How will I get the remuneration for my articles?
Ans. You can apply for Remuneration at firstname.lastname@example.org after the successful publication of at least 10 articles. Once you’ll send the mail at the mentioned email ID, you will be asked to share a few details like bank details, etc. to get the remuneration amount.