Forward list in STL implements singly linked list. Introduced from C++11, forward lists are useful than other containers for insertion, removal and moving operations (like sort) and allows time constant insertion and removal of elements.It differs from the list by the fact that forward list keeps track of the location of only next element while list keeps track to both next and previous elements.
This operator is used to assign new contents to the container by replacing the existing contents.
It also modifies the size according to the new contents.
forwardlistname1 = (forwardlistname2) Parameters : Another container of the same type. Result : Assign the contents of the container passed as the parameter to the container written on left side of the operator.
Input : myflist1 = 1, 2, 3 myflist2 = 3, 2, 1, 4 myflist1 = myflist2; Output : myflist1 = 3, 2, 1, 4 Input : myflist1 = 2, 6, 1, 5 myflist2 = 3, 2 myflist1 = myflist2; Output : myflist1 = 3, 2
Errors and Exceptions
1. If the containers are of different types, an error is thrown.
2. It has a basic no exception throw guarantee otherwise.
myflist1 = 3 2 1 4
- C++ | asm declaration
- Pointers and References in C++
- Strings in C++ and How to Create them?
- Enum Classes in C++ and Their Advantage over Enum DataType
- Deque vs Vector in C++ STL
- C++ Programming Basics
- Introduction to C++ Programming Language
- ios manipulators noshowpos() function in C++
- ios rdstate() function in C++ with Examples
- ios operator !() function in C++ with Examples
- ios operator() function in C++ with Examples
- ios clear() function in C++ with Examples
- ios good() function in C++ with Examples
- ios setstate() function in C++ with Examples
- ios eof() function in C++ with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.