FormView refers to a view (logic) to display and verify a Django Form. For example a form to register users at geeksforgeeks. Class-based views provide an alternative way to implement views as Python objects instead of functions. They do not replace function-based views, but have certain differences and advantages when compared to function-based views:
- Organization of code related to specific HTTP methods (GET, POST, etc.) can be addressed by separate methods instead of conditional branching.
- Object oriented techniques such as mixins (multiple inheritance) can be used to factor code into reusable components.
Class based views are simpler and efficient to manage than function-based views. A function based view with tons of lines of code can be converted into a class based views with few lines only. This is where Object Oriented Programming comes into impact.
Django FormView – Class Based Views
Illustration of How to create and use FormView using an Example. Consider a project named
geeksforgeeks having an app named
Refer to the following articles to check how to create a project and an app in Django.
After you have a project and an app, let’s create a form of which we will be creating FormView. In
After creating the form let’s create FormView. in
Create a template for this view in
Map a url to this view in
Now visit http://127.0.0.1:8000/,
Validate Form Data in Form View
Class Based Views provide in built functions for validating data in form. In
One can perform desired functionality in form_valid function. In our case, it prints the data. Lets’ try entering data in the form and check if it is working.
Check in terminal if details have been printed.
- DeleteView - Class Based Views Django
- DetailView - Class Based Views Django
- UpdateView - Class Based Views Django
- ListView - Class Based Views Django
- Createview - Class Based Views Django
- Class Based Generic Views Django (Create, Retrieve, Update, Delete)
- List View - Function based Views Django
- Delete View - Function based Views Django
- Update View - Function based Views Django
- Detail View - Function based Views Django
- Create View - Function based Views Django
- Django CRUD (Create, Retrieve, Update, Delete) Function Based Views
- Views In Django | Python
- Render a HTML Template as Response - Django Views
- Creating views on Pandas DataFrame
- Creating views on Pandas DataFrame | Set - 2
- Python - Obtain title, views and likes of YouTube video using BeautifulSoup
- Django Tutorial
- Django ModelFormSets
- Django Forms
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : aasutossh