Forms are used in webpages for the user to enter their required details that are further send it to the server for processing. A form is also known as web form or HTML form. Examples of form use are prevalent in e-commerce websites, online banking, online surveys to name a few
Syntax for form in HTML
Validating a form :
The data entered into a form needs to be in the right format and certain fields need to be filled in order to effectively use the submitted form. Username, password, contact information are some details that are mandatory in forms and thus need to be provided by the user.
HTML is used to create the form.
CSS to design the layout of the form.
Form validation :
Styling the form :
COMBINED CODE [ALL OF THE ABOVE SECTIONS CLUBBED)
Resulting Form :
- HTML | form Tag
- HTML | DOM Form name Property
- HTML | DOM Form Object
- HTML | Design Form
- HTML | DOM Form action Property
- HTML | DOM Form reset() Method
- HTML | DOM Form autocomplete Property
- HTML | DOM Form submit() Method
- HTML | DOM form method Property
- HTML | DOM Form length Property
- HTML | DOM Form target Property
- HTML | DOM Form acceptCharset Property
- HTML | DOM Input URL form Property
- HTML | DOM Form enctype Property
- HTML | DOM Input Password form Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.