Flipkart Interview (SDE-1 On Campus)
platform : HackerRank
3 questions :
1.A list of commands is given, you have to follow the commands and tell at which cell in matrix will u end up.
2. A schedule of meetings is given with some gaps in between . U have to shift only k meetings such that gap is maximized.
1.tell us about urself.
2.A stream of numbers, at any point of time , return max n elements .
i used a minHeap
Then they modifies the question for a window . where i had to give them a LRU approach to delete elements out of the window.
3.Set next pointers of tree nodes.
Spent lot of time explaining the approach. They made me write the pseudo code.
I gave 2n space approach(2 queue)
then n space approach (1 queue)
(they didn’t ask me to further reduce space complexity)
1. Given array of characters with all characters repeating even times except for one. Find the one not repeating;
2. An infinite stream of characters is coming, at any point of time, you have to give the first non repeating character in 0(1) time.
first i used min heap and hashmap and hash set but then we discussed and they helped me improve my solution and we settled on 2 arrays and a doubly linked list.
3.Asked me a puzzle
calculate 7/8 without using division or multiplication.
and then ceil of (7n/8) without division or multiplication.
4.then they asked me to print the tree :
print 1 4 5 3 2
print leaf, delete them and repeat kind. More like reverse of topological order
Round 3: HM Round
2. Challenges in project.
3. Than technologies in project.
- REST specifically.
4. Subjects i like
- i said data structures and algorithms
- he asked me to explain some algos i like to him
- NoSql databases
- Relational Databases
- Then asked me to write a sql query
- proposed 3 solutions for efficient query processing.
- he wanted a indexing based solution
- Process and threads
- how a process is executed.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.