Flipkart Interview Experience | Set 29
Round 1: Machine Coding
Q. In a regular expression, * represents 0 or more repetitions for preceding character. & represents the regex proceeding it is at the end of string. and all small case letters represent themselves. For example:
Pass: bigrat, smallrat
Fail: ratoulite rats
Pass: b, ab, aab
Fail a, asd
Pass: abc, abcd zabcd
Fail: abdc, dabfc
Write a code for it.
Round 2: discussion and test case analysis of code
What if . represents 1 character, how will you handle it. Handle .* in a regex.
Thorough analysis of the code with his internal test cases.
Round 3: Face to face
1. test case on the code I wrote.
2. If any element is occurring n/2 times in a n sized array, how will you find it.
Method 1: sort it, pick n/2 element and traverse array once to make sure that the middle element is present greater than n/2 times.
Method 2: Use Map, pseudo code:
if (map.find(i) == map.end())
with geeks for geeks it may seem easy but a thorough analysis is needed. Including pseudo-code. I did the thing after adding an extra variable in node DS.
Round 4: Senior Manager Round
1. Why flipkart
2. Job description, very specific about current role
3. Reader-writer problem code, without semaphore. I used two variables, asked me to minimize variable usage.
4. Given a text file, store all the words using a tree. I gave a trie solution.
5. What is the most challenging project you have done in your lifetime and why.
PS: If thorough knowledge about approaches are not prepared then its better to get screwed. They will ask every case possible.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.