Flipkart Interview Experience | Set 17 (For SDE II)
I was interviewed for SDE – II position @ Flipkart. Below is my experience.
- Round 1 : Telephonic Round (around 90 minutes)
He started with his and my introduction, the products I have worked on, the challenges I have faced during its development ( basic questions). Then he asked me 2 questions.
- Find the LCA (least common ancestor of 2 nodes) in a Binary Tree
node structure – > data, left child, right child, parent.
- Design a data structure which would allow you to perform the following 2 operations supported in O(1) complexity.
a. Insert an element.
b. Return a random number from the numbers inserted so far. A random function is given which generates a random number.
c. Delete(int num) finds and delete a number from the ones inserted so far.
- Round 2 : Machine Coding round. ( 90 – 120 minutes)
Design the snake and ladder write.
The full working code was required. They gave us more than 2 hours to complete.
Discussion on the code written and how i have implemented.
- Round 3 : Problem Solving Round ( 45 – 60 minutes)
- Level order Traversal of a Binary Tree.
- You are given a string of 0’s and 1’s you have to find the number of substrings in the string which starts and end with a 1.
eg : input : 0010110010
output : 6
- You are given a mapping like a → 1, b → 2, z → 26.
You have to print all possible combinations of a given number using the above information.
eg : input : 121
output : aba,la,au
- String Compression Algorithm.
You have to compress a string in the following format.
eg : input : aasasatb
output : 2a2sa1t1b
- Round 4 : Hiring Manager (40 minutes)
General talk around what they do and what they expect from an engineer.
Gave me a puzzle : You intend to fly non-stop around the world. But a full tank only takes you halfway around the world. However you can arrange many planes exactly like yours to assist with refueling. You can only use the starting airport, and refueling can be done midair.
Ignoring refueling and turn-around times, what is the minimum number of planes you will need?<
I would like to thank GeeksForGeeks for helping me in the preperation, i dont know the result so far but am very content with my overall experience during the interview.
Thanks and best of luck to all other geeks.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!