Flipkart Interview Experience for SDE Mobile
I have attended the Flipkart – SDE Mobile position interview on 16th April 2020. There were total five rounds for this position and each round was too challenging. These rounds were
- MC Round
- PS Round
- Android Tech Round
- Design Round
- HM Round
However, who has some basic understanding of java, android development and designing , they can easily crack it. The only important thing, I would like to share with all of you is that time management, and the correct approach to solve the problems as is necessary because some time, if we pick up wrong approach to solve the problem it will take much without any effective result. Do more practice before appearing in any exam like Flipkart. Please follow for more details.
Mobile Developer Interview Preparation Document
Machine Coding: You will be given a small app to implement. You are expected to submit a working solution in a given time (typically 90 minutes).
- Demoable code
- Clear Separation of Concerns (Good Class Design)
- Functional Correctness and Completeness
- Modularity and Extensibility
- Exception handling
Problem Solving and Data Structures: This round will focus on your problem-solving skills and knowledge of common data-structures.
- You will be given a problem statement (real-world or algorithmic) and you will need to provide a solution in the form of pseudo-code.
- Ability to identify problem types and apply conventionally known techniques to solve them.
- Usage of optimal Data Structures for the problem statement
- Good understanding of Time and Space complexity
- Identify edge cases and boundary conditions of the problem
- Ability to test the correctness of a solution
Domain knowledge (Android): The purpose of this round is to understand your knowledge and understanding of Android.
- Write something here
- Understanding of Android Pillars like Activity, Service, Content Providers, Broadcast
- Good understanding of Android Architecture.
- Multithreading concepts.
- The lifecycle of Android components. When to use which component.
- DB handling.
- Performance measurement & debugging.
- Usage of ADB command.
- Network Understanding and good to have tool knowledge like Charles.
- Testing Frameworks.
System Design Round: Given a well-defined problem statement, you will need to convert Product Requirements into a working design. This will be a very open-ended conversation about how we build complex features or design entirely new products from scratch.
- Ability to design and plan a product/feature independently
- Prioritisation of features/tasks
- System design and architecture for this product’s implementation
- Design APIs and/or interfaces for the various pieces
- Design network layer for the problem: Decide when to make what calls
- Design a database layer for the problem with the right schema
- SE performant UI components that fit the use-case
- Ability to go deep into some features and look at factors like product decisions, limitations, etc amongst many others
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.