Flipkart Interview Experience for Data Engineer 1
I have applied via Linkedin and received call from HR.
There are 4 rounds of interview.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Normally, We see machine coding as first round, due to the unavailability of slots, I had machine coding as second round.
Round 1(Data Modelling + SQL Queries): I was asked to create data model for an e-commerce company.
- Need to explain each table and relation between them in an optimized way.
- Then, asked 3 SQL queries ( difficulty level-medium to hard).
Tips: Prepare well for data modeling and practice hard SQL queries.
Round 2(Machine Coding): I was given few json documents and asked to provide solutions to the given queries. (free to use any language/environment).
- I used spark to solve them. It was my first time dealing with json format, so I struggled a bit in this round.
- Panel members were satisfied with my approach and logic.
Tips: Be familiar with all file formats before this round and play with dataframes if you use spark.
Round 3(Tech Round): I have explained my project end to end and few follow-up questions on the same.
Then, asked about
- Spark internals and optimization techniques in spark (in-depth)
- Why no-sql databases( advantages)
- Few questions related to big data stuff.
- 2 DSA questions based on the array(similar to missing number) (difficulty level- medium)
- Again questions on spark internals based on jobs, stages, tasks.
- Given one ETL scenario and asked to explain end-to-end flow from ingestion till data warehouse. Few SQL queries based on the same scenario. The interviewer was satisfied with my approach.
- Understand spark internals, optimization techniques thoroughly as this round has high weightage and thereby it gives confidence to the interviewer that you can handle work in spark environment.
- Prepare for DSA questions ( you never know that you may face Hard questions)
Cleared this round and have to face final round.
Round 4(HM Round): This round will test your project understandings( end to end).
- Lot of follow up questions on every answer you say.
- Be ready to face questions on each part of your project.
Tips: Question yourself on each part of your project( How and Why) before facing HM round.