Given two integers A and B, the task is to print the integer among the two, which will be converted to an odd integer by a smaller number of divisions by 2. If both the numbers get converted to an odd integer after the same number of operations, print -1.
Input: A = 10 and B = 8
Step 1: A/2 = 5, B/2 = 4
Hence, A is first number to be converted to an odd integer.
Input: A = 20 and B = 12
Step 1: A/2 = 10, B/2 = 6
Step 2: A/2 = 5, B/2 = 3
Hence, A and B are converted to an odd integer at the same time.
The simplest approach to solve the problem is as follows:
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time complexity: O(log(min(a, b)))
Auxiliary Space: O(1)
Follow the steps below to optimize the above approach:
- Dividing a number by 2 is equivalent to perform right shift on that number.
- Hence, the number with the Least Significant Set Bit among the two will be the first to be converted to an odd integer.
Below is the implementation of the above approach.
Time complexity: O(1)
Auxiliary Space: O(1)
- Find Quotient and Remainder of two integer without using division operators
- Program for quotient and remainder of big number
- Largest number by which given 3 numbers should be divided such that they leaves same remainder
- Program to find remainder when large number is divided by 11
- Program to find remainder when large number is divided by r
- Largest number less than or equal to Z that leaves a remainder X when divided by Y
- Find the number after successive division
- Minimum number of operations on a binary string such that it gives 10^A as remainder when divided by 10^B
- Compute modulus division by a power-of-2-number
- Breaking a number such that first part is integral division of second by a power of 10
- Number of digits before the decimal point in the division of two numbers
- Check if N can be obtained by repetitive addition or subtraction of two given numbers
- Find the remainder when First digit of a number is divided by its Last digit
- Remainder with 7 for large numbers
- Find permutation with maximum remainder Sum
- Check if the remainder of N-1 factorial when divided by N is N-1 or not
- Quotient and remainder dividing by 2^k (a power of 2)
- Maximum frequency of a remainder modulo 2i
- Chinese Remainder Theorem | Set 1 (Introduction)
- Program to find remainder without using modulo or % operator
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : mohit kumar 29