Back in the days, using machine learning capabilities was only possible over the cloud as it required a lot of compute power, high-end hardware etc… But mobile devices nowadays have become much more powerful and our Algorithms more efficient. All this has led to on-device machine learning a possibility and not just a science fiction theory.
What is Firebase ML kit
Firebase ML Kit provides users the feature of Machine Learning such as Face Recognizance, Language Translator, etc. In short ML kit provides the mobile SDK(Software Development Kit) that can be easily integrated with Android as well as IoS Apps. ML Kit brings Google’s machine learning expertise to Android and iOS apps in a powerful yet easy-to-use package.
Types of variants
There are 3 types of variants that ML kit provides as follows :
- API’s: This is the inbuild trained SDK’s by Google
- Custom: Host your custom machine learning models on Firebase and dynamically serve them to mobile devices
- AutoML: Train high-quality custom machine learning models with minimum effort and machine learning expertise
The different SDK’s provided under API category are shown in the image :
They can be categorized based on their availability on device or in the cloud:
- Text recognition: To recognize and extract text from images.
- Image labeling: To identify objects, places, people, writing and actions in images.
- Landmark recognition: To recognize well-known landmarks in an image.
- Face detection: To detect faces and facial landmarks along with contours.
- Barcode scanning: To scan and process barcodes.
- Translation: To translate text from one language to another.
- Smart Reply: To automatically generate relevant replies to messages.
- Image labeling: To identify objects, locations, activities, animal species, and much more.
- Object detection & tracking: To detect, track and classify objects in camera and static images.
- Learning Model Building in Scikit-learn : A Python Machine Learning Library
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
- Artificial intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
- Azure Virtual Machine for Machine Learning
- How to Start Learning Machine Learning?
- ML | What is Machine Learning ?
- Machine Learning in C++
- Machine Learning | Outlier
- 30 minutes to machine learning
- Regularization in Machine Learning
- Stacking in Machine Learning
- How Does Google Use Machine Learning?
- How Does NASA Use Machine Learning?
- Clustering in Machine Learning
- Demystifying Machine Learning
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.