getByName() : Returns the InetAddress of the given host. If the host is a literal IP address, then only its validity is checked. Fetches public IP Address of the host specified. It takes the host as an argument and returns the corresponding IP address.
Input : www.google.com Output : 22.214.171.124 Input : localhost Output : 127.0.0.1
Below programs illustrate how to fetch public IP address:
Note: These programs wont run on online compilers. Use offline compilers like Netbeans, Eclipse, etc, instead.
Program 1: Fetch IP address of any url
Public IP Address of: www.google.com/126.96.36.199
Program 2: Fetch public IP address of the one’s system
To find public IP, use http://bot.whatismyipaddress.com. It is an online utility, to find system’s public IP. Open the URL, read a line and print the line.
Public IP Address: 188.8.131.52
- Pinging an IP address in Java | Set 1
- Java program to find IP address of your computer
- Pinging an IP address in Java | Set 2 (By creating sub-process)
- Check if email address valid or not in Java
- Difference Between Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT)
- Difference between MAC Address and IP Address
- Finding minimum and maximum element of a Collection in Java
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Extracting MAC address using Python
- Introduction of MAC Address in Computer Network
- How Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) works?
- C Program to display hostname and IP address
- Difference between Static and Dynamic IP address
- Transition from IPv4 to IPv6 address
- Types of Network Address Translation (NAT)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.