getByName() : Returns the InetAddress of the given host. If the host is a literal IP address, then only its validity is checked. Fetches public IP Address of the host specified. It takes the host as an argument and returns the corresponding IP address.
Input : www.google.com Output : 220.127.116.11 Input : localhost Output : 127.0.0.1
Below programs illustrate how to fetch public IP address:
Note: These programs wont run on online compilers. Use offline compilers like Netbeans, Eclipse, etc, instead.
Program 1: Fetch IP address of any url
Public IP Address of: www.google.com/18.104.22.168
Program 2: Fetch public IP address of the one’s system
To find public IP, use http://bot.whatismyipaddress.com. It is an online utility, to find system’s public IP. Open the URL, read a line and print the line.
Public IP Address: 22.214.171.124
- Program to determine Class, Broadcast address and Network address of an IPv4 address
- Pinging an IP address in Java | Set 1
- Pinging an IP address in Java | Set 2 (By creating sub-process)
- Check if email address valid or not in Java
- Java program to find IP address of your computer
- Finding minimum and maximum element of a Collection in Java
- Extracting MAC address using Python
- C Program to display hostname and IP address
- Computer Network | Introduction of MAC Address
- Computer Network | Address Resolution in DNS
- Python | Remove leading zeros from an IP address
- How DHCP server dynamically assigns IP address to a host?
- Program to determine class, Network and Host ID of an IPv4 address
- C Program to find IP Address, Subnet Mask & Default Gateway
- Computer Network | Port Address Translation (PAT) on Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.