Given a positive integer, write a function to find if it is a power of three or not.
Input : 3 Output :Yes Input :6 Output :No
The logic is very simple. Any integer number other than power of 3 which divides highest power of 3 value that integer can hold 3^19 = 1162261467 (Assuming that integers are stored using 32 bits) will give reminder non-zero.
Time Complexity : O(1)
This article is contributed by Jebasingh and Riyazath. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Improved By : nitin mittal
- Check if a number is a power of another number
- Write an Efficient Method to Check if a Number is Multiple of 3
- Compute average of two numbers without overflow
- Find the number closest to n and divisible by m
- Compute sum of digits in all numbers from 1 to n
- Number of Permutations such that no Three Terms forms Increasing Subsequence
- Check if the first and last digit of the smallest number forms a prime
- Print all substring of a number without any conversion
- Complement of a number with any base b
- Check if Decimal representation of an Octal number is divisible by 7