Given sum and gcd of two numbers and . The task is to find both the numbers a and b. If the numbers do not exist then print .
Input: sum = 6, gcd = 2
Output: a = 4, b = 2
4 + 2 = 6 and GCD(4, 2) = 2
Input: sum = 7, gcd = 2
There are no such numbers whose sum is 7 and GCD is 2
Approach: As GCD is given then it is known that both the numbers will be multiples of it.
- Choose the first number as gcd then the other number will be sum – gcd.
- If the sum of both the numbers chosen in the previous step equals to sum then print both the numbers.
- Else the numbers do not exist and print -1 instead.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
a = 2, b = 6
- Given two numbers a and b find all x such that a % x = b
- Find two numbers with sum and product both same as N
- Find XOR of numbers from the range [L, R]
- Program to find LCM of 2 numbers without using GCD
- Find the sum of the all amicable numbers up to N
- Program to find LCM of two numbers
- Program to find GCD or HCF of two numbers
- Find LCM of rational numbers
- To find sum of two numbers without using any operator
- Find max of two Rational numbers
- Find k numbers which are powers of 2 and have sum N | Set 1
- Find the XOR of first N Prime Numbers
- Find the sum of first N odd Fibonacci numbers
- Find two prime numbers with given sum
- Find average of two numbers using bit operation
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.