Given sum and gcd of two numbers and . The task is to find both the numbers a and b. If the numbers do not exist then print .
Input: sum = 6, gcd = 2
Output: a = 4, b = 2
4 + 2 = 6 and GCD(4, 2) = 2
Input: sum = 7, gcd = 2
There are no such numbers whose sum is 7 and GCD is 2
Approach: As GCD is given then it is known that both the numbers will be multiples of it.
- Choose the first number as gcd then the other number will be sum – gcd.
- If the sum of both the numbers chosen in the previous step equals to sum then print both the numbers.
- Else the numbers do not exist and print -1 instead.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
a = 2, b = 6
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Pair of integers having least GCD among all given pairs having GCD exceeding K
- Find two numbers whose sum is N and does not contain any digit as K
- Program to find GCD or HCF of two numbers
- Program to find GCD or HCF of two numbers using Middle School Procedure
- GCD of two numbers formed by n repeating x and y times
- Count of n digit numbers whose sum of digits equals to given sum
- Print all n-digit numbers whose sum of digits equals to given sum
- Find the GCD of N Fibonacci Numbers with given Indices
- Numbers of Length N having digits A and B and whose sum of digits contain only digits A and B
- GCD of two numbers when one of them can be very large
- GCD of more than two (or array) numbers
- Finding LCM of more than two (or array) numbers without using GCD
- C++ Program for GCD of more than two (or array) numbers
- Java Program for GCD of more than two (or array) numbers
- GCD of factorials of two numbers
- Split N natural numbers into two sets having GCD of their sums greater than 1
- Print N lines of 4 numbers such that every pair among 4 numbers has a GCD K
- Find two numbers whose difference of fourth power is equal to N
- Maximum sum of two elements whose digit sum is equal
- Sum of GCD of all numbers upto N with N itself
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.