Given a non-negative integer N, the task is to find two integers A (greatest integer smaller than N) and (smallest integer greater than N) such that A + N = A ^ N and B + N = B ^ N
Input: N = 5
Output: A = 2 and B = 8
2 + 8 = 2 ^ 8 = 10
Input: N = 10
Output: A = 5 and B = 16
5 + 16 = 5 ^ 16 = 21
Approach: Lets find A and B independently. To solve this problem we have to use the property, x + y = x^y + 2 * (x & y)
Since the problem states that xor sum is equal to the given sum which implies that their AND must be 0.
- Finding A: N can be represented as a series of bits of 0 and 1. To find A we will first have to find the most significant bit of N which is set. Since A & N = 0, The places where N has set bit, for that places we will make bits of A as unset and for the places where N has unset bit, we will make that bit set for A as we want to maximize A. This we will do for all the bits from most significant to the least significant. Hence we will get our A.
- Finding B: Finding B is easy. Let i be the position of the leftmost set bit in 1. We want B to be greater than N, also we want B & N =0. Hence using these two facts B will be always (1<< (i+1)).
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
A = 2 and B = 8
- Find the prime P using given four integers
- Find three integers less than or equal to N such that their LCM is maximum
- Find K distinct positive odd integers with sum N
- Find the first N integers such that the sum of their digits is equal to 10
- Find any K distinct odd integers such that there sum is equal to N
- Find N integers with given difference between product and sum
- Find the number of integers from 1 to n which contains digits 0's and 1's only
- Find all the possible remainders when N is divided by all positive integers from 1 to N+1
- Find n positive integers that satisfy the given equations
- Find distinct integers for a triplet with given product
- Queries to find the count of integers in a range that contain the given pattern
- Find the integers that doesnot ends with T1 or T2 when squared and added X
- Find a pair with maximum product in array of Integers
- Find a Symmetric matrix of order N that contain integers from 0 to N-1 and main diagonal should contain only 0's
- Find integers that divides maximum number of elements of the array
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.