Given a non-negative integer N, the task is to find two integers A (greatest integer smaller than N) and (smallest integer greater than N) such that A + N = A ^ N and B + N = B ^ N
Input: N = 5
Output: A = 2 and B = 8
2 + 8 = 2 ^ 8 = 10
Input: N = 10
Output: A = 5 and B = 16
5 + 16 = 5 ^ 16 = 21
Approach: Lets find A and B independently. To solve this problem we have to use the property, x + y = x^y + 2 * (x & y)
Since the problem states that xor sum is equal to the given sum which implies that their AND must be 0.
- Finding A: N can be represented as a series of bits of 0 and 1. To find A we will first have to find the most significant bit of N which is set. Since A & N = 0, The places where N has set bit, for that places we will make bits of A as unset and for the places where N has unset bit, we will make that bit set for A as we want to maximize A. This we will do for all the bits from most significant to the least significant. Hence we will get our A.
- Finding B: Finding B is easy. Let i be the position of the leftmost set bit in 1. We want B to be greater than N, also we want B & N =0. Hence using these two facts B will be always (1<< (i+1)).
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
A = 2 and B = 8
- Find the prime P using given four integers
- Find the first N integers such that the sum of their digits is equal to 10
- Find N integers with given difference between product and sum
- Find the number of integers from 1 to n which contains digits 0's and 1's only
- Find three integers less than or equal to N such that their LCM is maximum
- Find all the possible remainders when N is divided by all positive integers from 1 to N+1
- Find n positive integers that satisfy the given equations
- Find the integers that doesnot ends with T1 or T2 when squared and added X
- Queries to find the count of integers in a range that contain the given pattern
- Find a pair with maximum product in array of Integers
- Find a Symmetric matrix of order N that contain integers from 0 to N-1 and main diagonal should contain only 0's
- Find integers that divides maximum number of elements of the array
- Find the missing element in an array of integers represented in binary format
- Median in a stream of integers (running integers)
- Find the number of positive integers less than or equal to N that have an odd number of digits
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.