Given an integer N, the task is to find the value of F(N) if:
- F(1) = 0
- F(2) = 2
- F(N) = 0, if N is odd prime.
- F(N) = F(a) + F(b), where a and b are factors of N and (a + b) is minimum among all factors. Also a * b = N
Input: N = 5
Since 5 is an odd prime.
Input: N = 4
4 can be written as 2 * 2, hence f(2) + f(2) = 4
Input: N = 20
20 can be written as f(4) + f(5), and f(4) can be written as f(2) + f(2), which is 4.
Approach: The following steps can be followed to solve the problem:
- If N is 1 or 2, the answer is 0 or 2 respectively.
- On breaking the recurrence f(n) = f(a) + f(b), we get it is the number of times a number is divisible by 2.
- The answer for f(n) is 2 * (number of times a number if divisible by 2)
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Find minimum x such that (x % k) * (x / k) == n
- Find minimum x such that (x % k) * (x / k) == n | Set-2
- Find minimum possible values of A, B and C when two of the (A + B), (A + C) and (B + C) are given
- Find the minimum value of X for an expression
- Find minimum sum of factors of number
- Find minimum speed to finish all Jobs
- Find minimum number of coins that make a given value
- Find minimum possible digit sum after adding a number d
- Find the maximum possible value of the minimum value of modified array
- Find minimum area of rectangle with given set of coordinates
- Find the minimum value of m that satisfies ax + by = m and all values after m also satisfy
- Find the minimum number of steps to reach M from N
- Find the K-th minimum element from an array concatenated M times
- Find Bit whose minimum sequence flips makes all bits same
- Find the minimum difference between Shifted tables of two numbers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.