Given two integers N and B, the task is to find the count of natural numbers of Base B up to N digits.
Input: N = 2, B = 10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 are 1 digit Natural numbers of Base 10.
10, 11, 12………99 are 2 digit Natural numbers of Base 10
So, total = 9 + 90 = 99
Input: N = 2, B = 16
There are a total of 240 two digit hexadecimal numbers and 15 one digit hexadecimal numbers.
Therefore, 240 + 15 = 255.
Approach: On observing carefully the count of numbers with N digits in base B is a geometric progression formed with the first term being (B – 1) and a common ratio of B.
Nth term = Number of natutal numbers of N digits in Base B = (B – 1) * BN – 1
Finally, count of all natural numbers in Base B up to N digits can be found out by iterating a loop from 1 to N and calculating the sum of ith term using the above formula.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(N)
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Count total number of N digit numbers such that the difference between sum of even and odd digits is 1
- Given a number N in decimal base, find the sum of digits in any base B
- Given a number N in decimal base, find number of its digits in any base (base b)
- C++ program to find all numbers less than n, which are palindromic in base 10 and base 2.
- All possible numbers of N digits and base B without leading zeros
- Find the count of numbers that can be formed using digits 3, 4 only and having length at max N.
- Count total number of digits from 1 to n
- Total numbers with no repeated digits in a range
- Total number of non-decreasing numbers with n digits
- Find the total Number of Digits in (N!)N
- Count of N-digit numbers in base K with no two consecutive zeroes
- Count of numbers upto N digits formed using digits 0 to K-1 without any adjacent 0s
- Count of numbers between range having only non-zero digits whose sum of digits is N and number is divisible by M
- Count numbers in given range such that sum of even digits is greater than sum of odd digits
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n | Set 2
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to N | Set 3
- Count of total subarrays whose sum is a Fibonacci Numbers
- Count total unset bits in all the numbers from 1 to N
- Python map function | Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.