Given here are n squares which touch each other externally, and are lined up in a row. The distance between the centers of the first and last square is given. The squares have equal side length. The task is to find the side of each square.
Input: d = 42, n = 4 Output: The side of each square is 14 Input: d = 36, n = 5 Output: The side of each square is 9
Suppose there are n squares each having side of length a.
Let, the distance between the first and last squares = d
From the figure, it is clear,
a/2 + a/2 + (n-2)*a = d
a + na – 2a = d
na – a = d
so, a = d/(n-1)
The side of each square is 14
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find the radii of the circles which are lined in a row, and distance between the centers of first and last circle is given
- Find the side of the squares which are inclined diagonally and lined in a row
- Distance between centers of two intersecting circles if the radii and common chord length is given
- Ratio of the distance between the centers of the circles and the point of intersection of two direct common tangents to the circles
- Ratio of the distance between the centers of the circles and the point of intersection of two transverse common tangents to the circles
- Number of common tangents between two circles if their centers and radius is given
- Find side of Square which makes minimal area to fit two identical rectangles inside it
- Area of Triangle using Side-Angle-Side (length of two sides and the included angle)
- Distance of chord from center when distance between center and another equal length chord is given
- Find the number of squares inside the given square grid
- Number of squares of side length required to cover an N*M rectangle
- Count squares with odd side length in Chessboard
- Maximum possible intersection by moving centers of line segments
- Length of the perpendicular bisector of the line joining the centers of two circles
- Program to find the side of the Octagon inscribed within the square
- Find a Square Matrix such that sum of elements in every row and column is K
- Minimum side of square embedded in Regular polygon with N sides
- Find the index which is the last to be reduced to zero after performing a given operation
- Calculate the Square of Euclidean Distance Traveled based on given conditions
- Square pyramidal number (Sum of Squares)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.