Given an integer N, the task is to find the Nth pure number.
A pure number has to satisfy three conditions:
1) It has even number of digits.
2) All digits are either 4 or 5.
3) And the number is a palindrome.
The Pure number series is: 44, 55, 4444, 4554, 5445, 5555, 444444, 445544, 454454, 455554 and so on.
Input: 5 Output: 5445 Explanation: 5445 is the 5th pure number in the series. Input: 19 Output: 45444454 Explanation: 45444454 is the 19th pure number in the series.
Approach: We will assume that 2 numbers make one single block. For each block, there is 2block number of pure numbers. For pure numbers with 1 block, there are 21 pure numbers, for numbers with 2 blocks, there are 22 numbers and so on.
- Pure numbers starting with 4, starts at position 2block – 1 for example, 4444 is at (22 -1 = 3) which means it is at third position in the series.
- Pure numbers starting with 5 starts at position 2block + 2(block-1) -1 for example, 5555 is at (2^2 + 2^1 -1 =5) which means it is at fifth position in the series.
A pure number at a block is essentially sandwiched between two 4’s or 5’s and is a combination of all previous block numbers. To understand it better let’s consider the example below:
- First pure number is 44 and second pure number is 55
- 4444 (“4″+ “44” + “4”) 44 from previous block
- 4554 (“4″+ “55” + “4”) 55 from previous block
- 5445 (“5″+ “44” + “5”) 44 from previous block
- 5555 (“5″+ “55” + “5”) 55 from previous block
This pattern repeats for all the numbers in the series.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Game Theory (Normal form game) | Set 2 (Game with Pure Strategy)
- Game Theory (Normal-form Game) | Set 4 (Dominance Property-Pure Strategy)
- Find Nth number in a sequence which is not a multiple of a given number
- Find nth Magic Number
- Program to find last two digits of Nth Fibonacci number
- Find nth Fibonacci number using Golden ratio
- Find nth number that contains the digit k or divisible by k.
- Find Nth even length palindromic number formed using digits X and Y
- Find the Nth Mosaic number
- Program to find the nth Kynea number
- Find Nth number of the series 1, 6, 15, 28, 45, .....
- Program to find the Nth Harmonic Number
- Program to find the Nth number of the series 2, 10, 24, 44, 70.....
- Find nth Hermite number
- Find Nth positive number whose digital root is X
- Find the number of Chicks in a Zoo at Nth day
- Find Nth smallest number that is divisible by 100 exactly K times
- Program to find the Nth Prime Number
- Program to find Nth odd Fibonacci Number
- Find the Nth digit from right in base B of the given number in Decimal base
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.