Given a tree, and the weights of all the nodes and an integer x, the task is to find a node i such that weight[i] + x gives the minimum setbits, If two or more nodes have the same count of set bits when added with x then find the one with the minimum value.
x = 15
Node 1: setbits(5 + 15) = 2
Node 2: setbits(10 + 15) = 3
Node 3: setbits(11 + 15) = 3
Node 4: setbits(8 + 15) = 4
Node 5: setbits(6 + 15) = 3
Approach: Perform dfs on the tree and keep track of the node whose sum with x has minimum set bits. If two or more nodes have equal count of set bits then choose the one with the minimum number.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Time Complexity : O(N).
In dfs, every node of the tree is processed once and hence the complexity due to the dfs is O(N) if there are total N nodes in the tree. Also, for processing each node the builtin_popcount() function is used which has a complexity of O(c) where c is a constant and since this complexity is constant, it doesnot affect the overall time comlexity. Therefore, the time complexity is O(N).
- Auxiliary Space : O(1).
Any extra space is not required, so the space complexity is constant.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Find the node whose sum with X has maximum set bits
- Find a number X such that (X XOR A) is minimum and the count of set bits in X and B are equal
- Find the node whose xor with x gives minimum value
- Find the node whose absolute difference with X gives minimum value
- Minimum cost path from source node to destination node via an intermediate node
- Find the node with minimum value in a Binary Search Tree
- Find the node with minimum value in a Binary Search Tree using recursion
- Minimum edges to be added in a directed graph so that any node can be reachable from a given node
- Minimum number of reversals to reach node 0 from every other node
- Print the number of set bits in each node of a Binary Tree
- Minimum bit flips such that every K consecutive bits contain at least one set bit
- Find farthest node from each node in Tree
- Find a number containing N - 1 set bits at even positions from the right
- Program to find the Nth natural number with exactly two bits set
- Find all even length binary sequences with same sum of first and second half bits
- Find the element having maximum set bits in the given range for Q queries
- Minimum value of distance of farthest node in a Graph
- Minimum valued node having maximum depth in an N-ary Tree
- Minimum labelled node to be removed from undirected Graph such that there is no cycle
- Minimum time to burn a Tree starting from a Leaf node
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.