Given a tree, and the weights of all the nodes and an integer x, the task is to find a node i such that weight[i] + x gives the minimum setbits, If two or more nodes have the same count of set bits when added with x then find the one with the minimum value.
x = 15
Node 1: setbits(5 + 15) = 2
Node 2: setbits(10 + 15) = 3
Node 3: setbits(11 + 15) = 3
Node 4: setbits(8 + 15) = 4
Node 5: setbits(6 + 15) = 3
Approach: Perform dfs on the tree and keep track of the node whose sum with x has minimum set bits. If two or more nodes have equal count of set bits then choose the one with the minimum number.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Time Complexity : O(N).
In dfs, every node of the tree is processed once and hence the complexity due to the dfs is O(N) if there are total N nodes in the tree. Also, for processing each node the builtin_popcount() function is used which has a complexity of O(c) where c is a constant and since this complexity is constant, it doesnot affect the overall time comlexity. Therefore, the time complexity is O(N).
- Auxiliary Space : O(1).
Any extra space is not required, so the space complexity is constant.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find the node whose sum with X has maximum set bits
- Print node whose each neighboring Tree has all nodes of same color
- Check if a number has same number of set and unset bits
- Count pairs in an array such that both elements has equal set bits
- Minimum cost path from source node to destination node via an intermediate node
- Find the node whose xor with x gives minimum value
- Find the node whose absolute difference with X gives minimum value
- Minimum nodes to be colored in a Graph such that every node has a colored neighbour
- Count of elements in an Array whose set bits are in a multiple of K
- Find a number X such that (X XOR A) is minimum and the count of set bits in X and B are equal
- Count number of paths whose weight is exactly X and has at-least one edge of weight M
- Generate a string of size N whose each substring of size M has exactly K distinct characters
- Count the nodes of the given tree whose weight has X as a factor
- Find the root of the sub-tree whose weighted sum is minimum
- Find the root of the sub-tree whose weighted sum XOR with X is minimum
- Print the number of set bits in each node of a Binary Tree
- Queries to find sum of distance of a given node to every leaf node in a Weighted Tree
- Minimum bit flips such that every K consecutive bits contain at least one set bit
- Find the node whose xor with x gives maximum value
- Find the node whose absolute difference with X gives maximum value
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.