Given a tree, and the weights of all the nodes and an integer x, the task is to find a node i such that weight[i] + x gives the minimum setbits, If two or more nodes have the same count of set bits when added with x then find the one with the minimum value.
x = 15
Node 1: setbits(5 + 15) = 2
Node 2: setbits(10 + 15) = 3
Node 3: setbits(11 + 15) = 3
Node 4: setbits(8 + 15) = 4
Node 5: setbits(6 + 15) = 3
Approach: Perform dfs on the tree and keep track of the node whose sum with x has minimum set bits. If two or more nodes have equal count of set bits then choose the one with the minimum number.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Find the node whose sum with X has maximum set bits
- Find a number X such that (X XOR A) is minimum and the count of set bits in X and B are equal
- Find the node whose xor with x gives minimum value
- Find the node whose absolute difference with X gives minimum value
- Minimum cost path from source node to destination node via an intermediate node
- Find the node with minimum value in a Binary Search Tree
- Find the node with minimum value in a Binary Search Tree using recursion
- Minimum edges to be added in a directed graph so that any node can be reachable from a given node
- Print the number of set bits in each node of a Binary Tree
- Find a number containing N - 1 set bits at even positions from the right
- Minimum value of distance of farthest node in a Graph
- Find all even length binary sequences with same sum of first and second half bits
- Minimum time to burn a Tree starting from a Leaf node
- Minimum and maximum node that lies in the path connecting two nodes in a Binary Tree
- Find next right node of a given key | Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : sanjeev2552