Given a tree, and the weights of all the nodes and an integer x, the task is to find a node i such that weight[i] + x has the maximum set bits. If two or more nodes have the same count of set bits when added with x then find the one with the minimum value.
x = 15
Node 1: setbits(5 + 15) = 2
Node 2: setbits(10 + 15) = 3
Node 3: setbits(11 + 15) = 3
Node 4: setbits(8 + 15) = 4
Node 5: setbits(6 + 15) = 3
Approach: Perform dfs on the tree and keep track of the node whose sum with x has maximum set bits. If two or more nodes have equal count of set bits then choose the one with the minimum number.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Find the node whose sum with X has minimum set bits
- Find element with the maximum set bits in an array
- Find the element having maximum set bits in the given range for Q queries
- Find the node whose xor with x gives maximum value
- Find the node whose absolute difference with X gives maximum value
- Find the maximum Even Digit Sum node in the given tree
- Find the maximum node at a given level in a binary tree
- Find the node with maximum value in a Binary Search Tree
- Find the node with maximum value in a Binary Search Tree using recursion
- Find the largest number smaller than integer N with maximum number of set bits
- Print the number of set bits in each node of a Binary Tree
- Maximum number of set bits count in a K-size substring of a Binary String
- Find farthest node from each node in Tree
- Find the possible permutation of the bits of N
- Find a number containing N - 1 set bits at even positions from the right
- Find all even length binary sequences with same sum of first and second half bits
- Find a number X such that (X XOR A) is minimum and the count of set bits in X and B are equal
- Sum of the distances from every node to all other nodes is maximum
- Node having maximum sum of immediate children and itself in n-ary tree
- Find all even length binary sequences with same sum of first and second half bits | Iterative
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.