Given three integers a, b and x, the task is to get the multiple of x which is closest to ab.
Input: a = 5, b = 4, x = 3
54 = 625 and 624 is the multiple of 3 which is closest to 625
Input: a = 349, b = 1, x = 4
- Calculate ab and store it in a variable say num.
- Then, calculate ⌊num / x⌋ and store it in a variable floor.
- Now the closest element at the left will be closestLeft = x * floor.
- And the closest element on the right will be closestRight = x * (floor + 1).
- Finally, the closest number among them will be min(num – closestLeft, closestRight – num).
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Find multiple of x closest to or a ^ b (a raised to power b)
- Multiple of x closest to n
- Find the number closest to n and divisible by m
- Find number from given list for which value of the function is closest to A
- Find the closest and smaller tidy number
- Find the largest multiple of 2, 3 and 5
- Find the largest multiple of 3 | Set 1 (Using Queue)
- Find First element in AP which is multiple of given prime
- Find the largest multiple of 3 from array of digits | Set 2 (In O(n) time and O(1) space)
- Multiple Inheritance in C++
- Efficiently check whether n is a multiple of 4 or not
- Java and Multiple Inheritance
- Round to next greater multiple of 8
- Round to next smaller multiple of 8
- Returning Multiple values in Java
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : jit_t