Given an array of even size, task is to find minimum value that can be added to an element so that array become balanced. An array is balanced if the sum of the left half of the array elements is equal to the sum of right half. Suppose, we have an array 1 3 1 2 4 3. The Sum of first three elements is 1 + 3 + 1 = 5 and sum of last three elements is 2 + 4 + 3 = 9
So this is unbalanced, to make it balanced the minimum number we can add is 4 to any element in first half.
Input : 1 2 1 2 1 3 Output : 2 Sum of first 3 elements is 1 + 2 + 1 = 4, sum of last three elements is 2 + 1 + 3 = 6 To make the array balanced you can add 2. Input : 20 10 Output : 10
The idea is simple, we compute sums of first and second halves. Once these sums are computed, we return absolute difference of these two values.
This article is contributed by Sahil Rajput. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Given an array A and a number x, check for pair in A with sum as x
- Find the Number Occurring Odd Number of Times
- Find the Missing Number
- Search an element in a sorted and rotated array
- Merge an array of size n into another array of size m+n
- k largest(or smallest) elements in an array | added Min Heap method
- Program for array rotation
- Write a program to reverse an array or string
- Reversal algorithm for array rotation
- Block swap algorithm for array rotation
- Leaders in an array
- Count Inversions in an array | Set 1 (Using Merge Sort)
- Find the smallest and second smallest elements in an array
- Maximum and minimum of an array using minimum number of comparisons
- Check for Majority Element in a sorted array
Improved By : nitin mittal