Given two integers A and X, denoting the length of a side of a rhombus and an angle respectively, the task is to find the area of the rhombus.
A rhombus is a quadrilateral having 4 sides of equal length, in which both the opposite sides are parallel, and opposite angles are equal.
Input: A = 4, X = 60
Input: A = 4, X = 30
Approach:For a Rhombus ABCD having the length of a side a and an angle x, the area of triangle ABD can be calculated using Side-Angle-Side property of triangle by the following equation:
Area of Triangle ABD = 1/2 (a2) sin x
Area of Rhombus ABCD will be double the area of ABD triangle.
Therefore, Area of Rhombus ABCD = (a2) sin x
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(1)
Auxiliary Space: O(1)
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Area of Triangle using Side-Angle-Side (length of two sides and the included angle)
- Length of diagonals of a Rhombus using length of Side and vertex Angle
- Nth angle of a Polygon whose initial angle and per angle increment is given
- Program to calculate area of a rhombus whose one side and diagonal are given
- Angle subtended by the chord when the angle subtended by another chord of same length is given
- Program to calculate area and perimeter of a rhombus whose diagonals are given
- Angle between a chord and a tangent when angle in the alternate segment is given
- Exterior angle of a cyclic quadrilateral when the opposite interior angle is given
- Angle subtended by the chord to center of the circle when the angle subtended by the another equal chord of a congruent circle is given
- Program to calculate angle on circumference subtended by the chord when the central angle subtended by the chord is given
- Area of the biggest possible rhombus that can be inscribed in a rectangle
- Area of circle inscribed within rhombus
- Area of a n-sided regular polygon with given side length
- Area of a largest square fit in a right angle triangle
- Length of the chord of the circle whose radius and the angle subtended at the center by the chord is given
- Program to print solid and hollow rhombus patterns
- Find side of Square which makes minimal area to fit two identical rectangles inside it
- Arc length from given Angle
- Find area of the larger circle when radius of the smaller circle and difference in the area is given
- Radius of the biggest possible circle inscribed in rhombus which in turn is inscribed in a rectangle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Rajput-Ji