Given the side (a) of the isosceles triangle. The task is to find the area (A) and the altitude (h). An isosceles triangle is a triangle with 2 sides of equal length and 2 equal internal angles adjacent to each equal sides.
In this figure,
a- Measure of the equal sides of an isosceles triangle.
b- Base of the isosceles triangle.
h- Altitude of the isosceles triangle.
Input: a = 2, b = 3 Output: altitude = 1.32, area = 1.98 Input: a = 5, b = 6 Output: altitude = 4, area = 12
Formulas: Following are the formulas of the altitude and the area of an isosceles triangle.
Below is the implementation using the above formulas:
Altitude= 1.32, Area= 1.98
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find two vertices of an isosceles triangle in which there is rectangle with opposite corners (0, 0) and (X, Y)
- Program to find area of a triangle
- Find the coordinates of a triangle whose Area = (S / 2)
- Area of circle inscribed in a Isosceles Trapezoid
- Maximum number of 2x2 squares that can be fit inside a right isosceles triangle
- Divide an isosceles triangle in two parts with ratio of areas as n:m
- Maximum number of squares that can fit in a right angle isosceles triangle
- Find all sides of a right angled triangle from given hypotenuse and area | Set 1
- Find area of triangle if two vectors of two adjacent sides are given
- Find the height of a right-angled triangle whose area is X times its base
- Program to find Area of Triangle inscribed in N-sided Regular Polygon
- Area of Reuleaux Triangle
- Area of a triangle inside a parallelogram
- Area of Incircle of a Right Angled Triangle
- Area of Circumcircle of a Right Angled Triangle
- Check if right triangle possible from given area and hypotenuse
- Area of a Triangle from the given lengths of medians
- Area of largest triangle that can be inscribed within a rectangle
- Area of a largest square fit in a right angle triangle
- Minimum height of a triangle with given base and area
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.