You are given a text file which contains any type of characters. You have to find the sum of integer values.
Input : text.txt Let contents of test.txt be : :-,,$%^5313&^*1)(*( 464sz29>>///11!!! (*HB%$#)(*0900 Output : 6727 Input : text1.txt Let contents of test.txt be : 234***3r3r() ()(0)34 Output : 274
1. To open the file in only read mode we can use ifstream library
2. Iterate through all rows of the file and find all integers
3. If integer found then store it in temp variable because there is a chance that next character can be an integer
4. Add temp value in final result if any character found except integers and set temp = 0 again
5. If last element is an integer then we have to add temp after loop if it isn’t then the value of temp will already be zero. So sum will not affected.
6727 (for Input 1)
This article is contributed by Harshit Agrawal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- C Program to find size of a File
- iscntrl() in C++ and its application to find control characters
- C program to copy contents of one file to another file
- How to sum two integers without using arithmetic operators in C/C++?
- Extract all integers from string in C++
- CSV file management using C++
- tellp() in file handling with c++ with example
- clocale header file in C++
- C++ program to create a file
- File Handling through C++ Classes
- C program to delete a file
- Print "Hello World" in C/C++ without using any header file
- C Program to print contents of file
- Four File Handling Hacks which every C/C++ Programmer should know
- Read/Write Class Objects from/to File in C++