Given a number n, the task is to find the even factor sum of a number.
Input : 30 Output : 48 Even dividers sum 2 + 6 + 10 + 30 = 48 Input : 18 Output : 26 Even dividers sum 2 + 6 + 18 = 26
Prerequisite : Sum of factors
As discussed in above mentioned previous post, sum of factors of a number is
Let p1, p2, … pk be prime factors of n. Let a1, a2, .. ak be highest powers of p1, p2, .. pk respectively that divide n, i.e., we can write n as n = (p1a1)*(p2a2)* … (pkak).
Sum of divisors = (1 + p1 + p12 ... p1a1) * (1 + p2 + p22 ... p2a2) * ........................... (1 + pk + pk2 ... pkak)
If number is odd, then there are no even factors, so we simply return 0.
If number is even, we use above formula. We only need to ignore 20. All other terms multiply to produce even factor sum. For example, consider n = 18. It can be written as 2132 and sun of all factors is (20 + 21)*(30 + 31 + 32). if we remove 20 then we get the
Sum of even factors (2)*(1+3+32) = 26.
To remove odd number in even factor, we ignore then 20 whaich is 1. After this step, we only get even factors. Note that 2 is the only even prime.
Below is the implementation of the above approach.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Maximum number of prime factors a number can have with exactly x factors
- Check if a number exists having exactly N factors and K prime factors
- Print all numbers whose set of prime factors is a subset of the set of the prime factors of X
- Check whether count of odd and even factors of a number are equal
- Count ways to express even number ‘n’ as sum of even integers
- Find minimum sum of factors of number
- Find sum of odd factors of a number
- Queries on sum of odd number digit sums of all the factors of a number
- Number of factors of very large number N modulo M where M is any prime number
- Find four factors of N with maximum product and sum equal to N | Set-2
- Find four factors of N with maximum product and sum equal to N
- Find prime factors of Array elements whose sum of exponents is divisible by K
- Find sum of exponents of prime factors of numbers 1 to N
- Sum of all the factors of a number
- Expressing a number as sum of consecutive | Set 2 (Using odd factors)
- Sum of Factors of a Number using Prime Factorization
- Queries to find whether a number has exactly four distinct factors or not
- Super Ugly Number (Number whose prime factors are in given set)
- Number with maximum number of prime factors
- Number which has the maximum number of distinct prime factors in the range M to N
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Mithun Kumar