Consider a series of numbers composed of only digits 4 and 7. The first few numbers in the series are 4, 7, 44, 47, 74, 77, 444, .. etc. Given a number constructed by 4, 7 digits only, we need to find the position of this number in this series.
Input : 7 Output : pos = 2 Input : 444 Output : pos = 7
It is reverse of the following article :
Find n-th element in a series with only 2 digits (4 and 7) allowed | Set 2 (log(n) method)
"" / \ 1(4) 2(7) / \ / \ 3(44) 4(47) 5(74) 6(77) / \ / \ / \ / \
The idea is based on the fact that all even positioned numbers have 7 as the last digit and all odd positioned numbers have 4 as the last digit.
If the number is 4 then it is the left node of the tree, then it corresponds to (pos*2)+1. Else right child node(7) corresponds to (pos*2)+2.
This article is contributed by Devanshu Agarwal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Position of n among the numbers made of 2, 3, 5 & 7
- Find two numbers made up of a given digit such that their difference is divisible by N
- Find the n-th number made of even digits only
- Find the position of the given Prime Number
- Find the number of occurrences of a character upto preceding position
- N-th character in the string made by concatenating natural numbers
- Check if elements of array can be made equal by multiplying given prime numbers
- Sum of all the prime numbers with the maximum position of set bit ≤ D
- Nth number made up of odd digits only
- Find the character made by adding all the characters of the given string
- Find the longest string that can be made up of other strings from the array
- Find if given number is sum of first n natural numbers
- Largest number divisible by 90 that can be made using 0 and 5
- Find the number of divisors of all numbers in the range [1, n]
- Find all the prime numbers of given number of digits
- Find the number of consecutive zero at the end after multiplying n numbers
- Find all Autobiographical Numbers with given number of digits
- Largest number made up of X and Y with count of X divisible by Y and of Y by X
- Minimum number closest to N made up of odd digits only
- Check if X and Y can be made zero by using given operation any number of times